Super Famous Buddhists

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Sutiro

Re: Super Famous Buddhists

Post by Sutiro »

I think the middle photo is Hayley Mills, John Mills daughter and who became famous in the role of Pollyanna in about 1960.

What about Aung San Su Chi, probably the most famous Buddhist in the world, male or female, and what a role model for the rest of us.

Sutiro
yawares

Post by yawares »

Sutiro wrote:I think the middle photo is Hayley Mills, John Mills daughter and who became famous in the role of Pollyanna in about 1960.

yawares : http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... gac&sado=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yawares: Oh yes, you're so right...I like HAYLEY MILLS in Pollyanna/Cast Away/The Parent Trap/The Moon Spinners/Stowaway
and That Darn Cat/Tiger Bay/Summer Magic :thumbsup:

What about Aung San Su Chi, probably the most famous Buddhist in the world, male or female, and what a role model for the rest of us.

yawares: http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... San+Su+Chi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She's great! :anjali:

Sutiro
Ben

Post by Ben »

Sutiro wrote:What about Aung San Su Chi, probably the most famous Buddhist in the world, male or female, and what a role model for the rest of us.
Probably the most famous Buddhist after HH the Dalai Lama. But yes, a wonderful role model!
with metta,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
chownah

Post by chownah »

I'm a super famous buddhist.....so much so that I don't use my real name here at Dhamma Wheel in that it would cause too much of a stir if people knew who I REALLY was.......I guess.....don't know for sure....
chownah
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

List of famous Buddhist women here
http://lhamo.tripod.com/13famou.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
plwk

Post by plwk »

Ben wrote:
Sutiro wrote:What about Aung San Su Chi, probably the most famous Buddhist in the world, male or female, and what a role model for the rest of us.
Probably the most famous Buddhist after HH the Dalai Lama. But yes, a wonderful role model!
with metta,

Ben
HHDL Ben? I was thinking of Stephen Batchelor... :lol:
Sutiro

Post by Sutiro »

New postby chownah » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:27 pm
I'm a super famous buddhist.....so much so that I don't use my real name here at Dhamma Wheel in that it would cause too much of a stir if people knew who I REALLY was.......I guess.....don't know for sure....
chownah
Chow nah is Thai for "farmer" so you must be the reincarnation of Francis Farmer?
yawares

Post by yawares »

chownah wrote:I'm a super famous buddhist.....so much so that I don't use my real name here at Dhamma Wheel in that it would cause too much of a stir if people knew who I REALLY was.......I guess.....don't know for sure....
chownah

Dear "chownah",
I think you are a super famous buddhist or super "chow-put" (in Thai language)" !:thinking:
yawares
yawares

Post by yawares »

pilgrim wrote:List of famous Buddhist women here
http://lhamo.tripod.com/13famou.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dear "pilgrim",
Thank you very much for this amazing list..I'll post it @ Lounge tomorrow.
Truly appreciate,
yawares