Bhikkhu Samahita requires medical assistance

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Annapurna

Re: Bhikkhu Samahita requires medical assistance

Post by Annapurna »

What do you need?

A prescription?
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Can the bathing water not be cooked prior to bathing?
marc108

Post by marc108 »

yes, i am currently trying to get a U.S prescription. i don't think Bhante would be able to boil all his bathing water... I believe he only has one small electric range top.
"It's easy for us to connect with what's wrong with us... and not so easy to feel into, or to allow us, to connect with what's right and what's good in us."
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

marc108 wrote:
Ytrog wrote: I saw in the spreadsheet that it was donated already. Is anything else needed after that? Why is Artemether still needed if I may ask?
to prevent reinfection. the infection is contracted through bathing water.

if there is anyone here who is an MD or has close relationship with an MD please contact me in private. we have basically exhausted all sources for Artemether or Coartem with no luck.
Ah, clear :)
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

marc108 wrote:yes, i am currently trying to get a U.S prescription. i don't think Bhante would be able to boil all his bathing water... I believe he only has one small electric range top.

Isn't David Snyder an MD?
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Annapurna wrote:
marc108 wrote:yes, i am currently trying to get a U.S prescription. i don't think Bhante would be able to boil all his bathing water... I believe he only has one small electric range top.

Isn't David Snyder an MD?
Oh I guess Ph.D doesn't mean "physical D" but philology...
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Annapurna wrote: Isn't David Snyder an MD?
Hi Anna,

No, I'm a Ph.D.(philosophy and sociology). As Randy Pausch would say, "I'm a doctor but not the type that helps people." :D

On a more serious note, I think it is difficult, perhaps impossible to acquire prescription drugs for someone else in the U.S. without a prescription.
marc108

Post by marc108 »

David N. Snyder wrote:
On a more serious note, I think it is difficult, perhaps impossible to acquire prescription drugs for someone else in the U.S. without a prescription.

Dr Snyder, I am actually looking to have the prescription written to myself. I will then buy and ship the medicine to Bhante Samahita. There actually is a prescription from a Sri Lankan Doctor, it's just that the medicine isnt available there.
"It's easy for us to connect with what's wrong with us... and not so easy to feel into, or to allow us, to connect with what's right and what's good in us."
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Update received via Bhikkhu Samahita's Facebook....
Medicine Mission Complete!
Happily was the remaining preventive medicine delivered here today by DHL as a kind donation from Mrs. Eveline Lee of Singapore assisted by Mr. Ponnusamy Stalin of India. Sadhu! Well done by both of these fine friends. No more medicine is thus needed now. Thanx again for the overwelmingly positive response from many good people here and there. Support for the continued Dhamma-Sharing work is still & always welcome here: http://What-Buddha-Said.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
James the Giant

Post by James the Giant »

Great news, merit for all of us! And health for the bhikkhu!
It made me wonder, what would a Sri Lankan bhikkhu do in the same situation, without such access to supporters who can buy and send from overseas a pretty expensive medicine?
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Great news :D
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

retrofuturist wrote: Medicine Mission Complete!
:twothumbsup:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Great news!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..