World Population Clock - disturbing

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
danieLion

Re: World Population Clock - disturbing

Post by danieLion »

Kim O'Hara wrote:
danieLion wrote: Kim,
You (and Dan) should watch the WHOLE video before you put your feet in your mouths again.
Best,
Daniel
Daniel...,

If you have a sensible question, I will try to answer it....

:namaste:
Kim
Hi Kim,
I'm probably wrong about this, but it seems to me like you're trying to relegate the discussion to a mere Q&A where you moderate and we discuss only your "facts" backed by your "evidence" so you can, as you put it, set us straight?

Did you watch the whole video yet?
Best,
Daniel
danieLion

Post by danieLion »

Kim O'Hara wrote:
Dan74 wrote: There is so much crap floating around all these topics, I don't know where to start - even this population "calculation" above... :shrug:
Indeed.
Here is one possible starting point, however: http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/inde ... _overview/

Kim
From the link.
The Ecological Footprint has emerged as the world’s premier measure of humanity’s demand on nature.
:rofl:
Kim,
Is this a joke?
To make such a "standard" work would at minimum require another planet similar enough to this one to compare it to.

The Ecological Footprint is scientificated political correctness.
Best,
Daniel
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

danieLion wrote: Hi Kim,
I'm probably wrong about this, but it seems to me like you're trying to relegate the discussion to a mere Q&A where you moderate and we discuss only your "facts" backed by your "evidence" so you can, as you put it, set us straight?
Daniel,
I don't want to be a referee or moderator.
My facts and evidence don't have snarky quotation marks around them.
Other than that, pretty close.
That's the best I can offer, since I haven't the time or inclination to wade through junk or watch long videos.

Kim
Ben

Post by Ben »

I am closing this thread temporarily so that all concerned can get some sunshine and fresh air.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..