Starting to feel better

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
greggorious

Starting to feel better

Post by greggorious »

I've been prescribed a higher dose on my anti depressants and am now starting to feel much better. I almost feel like a human being again, and very importantly I now have more of a drive to meditate. Hopefully after getting into a good routine of meditation and Buddhist practice, THEN I may think about come down on my meds again.
"The original heart/mind shines like pure, clear water with the sweetest taste. But if the heart is pure, is our practice over? No, we must not cling even to this purity. We must go beyond all duality, all concepts, all bad, all good, all pure, all impure. We must go beyond self and nonself, beyond birth and death. When we see with the eye of wisdom, we know that the true Buddha is timeless, unborn, unrelated to any body, any history, any image. Buddha is the ground of all being, the realization of the truth of the unmoving mind.” Ajahn Chah
bodom

Re: Starting to feel better

Post by bodom »

That's awesome Greg! So happy for you!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Excellent!

Also continue to follow your doctor's advice/Rx.
SamBodhi

Post by SamBodhi »

Wonderful! This is good news.
"An inward-staying
unentangled knowing,
All outward-going knowing
cast aside."
--Upasika Kee Nanayon
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Great news Greg!

Mike
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Good News!
be sure to follow your doctors advise & consult him fully before trying to change the dose!
Have you asked him about any possible referrals to mindfulness based approaches?
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

I am happy to hear this! :clap:
cooran

Post by cooran »

Glad to hear this! :twothumbsup:
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Alobha

Post by Alobha »

Very good :smile:
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Excellent new Greg! All the best on your noble endeavor!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
Ben

Post by Ben »

That is good news, Greg!
Wishing you all the very best.
with metta,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
greggorious

Post by greggorious »

Thanks for the compassionate replies.
"The original heart/mind shines like pure, clear water with the sweetest taste. But if the heart is pure, is our practice over? No, we must not cling even to this purity. We must go beyond all duality, all concepts, all bad, all good, all pure, all impure. We must go beyond self and nonself, beyond birth and death. When we see with the eye of wisdom, we know that the true Buddha is timeless, unborn, unrelated to any body, any history, any image. Buddha is the ground of all being, the realization of the truth of the unmoving mind.” Ajahn Chah
befriend

Post by befriend »

great news man
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Good news. What difference do the medicines make if you would describe it?
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
manas

Post by manas »

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, greg. Hope things continue to improve for you.

To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.