correct me, please

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Element

Re: correct me, please

Post by Element »

genkaku wrote:But my interest is in human beings and when I see a topic that touches human beings, whether they are stock brokers or Theravada Buddhists -- then I try to respond from a human-being point of view.

So how shall I approach this in order to preserve the harmony of Dhamma Wheel?
Genkaku,

In Christianity, St Paul spoke of the 'human nature' and the 'spiritual nature'. The human nature here is inherently flawed. Many people hold to this kind of reasoning. For example, when a person makes a mistake or has a problem, they use the phrase: "He is only human".

In Theravada, the word 'human' comes from the word 'manusaya', which literally means 'high minded'. Thus, in Theravada, it is held humans have the capacity to learn from their mis-steps and move towards wisdom & enlightenment.

Apart from that, Theravada is quite grounded and Theravada practitioners are not offended easily. Therefore, Genkaku, I trust you will not cause any harm to this site and further Theravada may have something to offer to your humanistic approach.

The Theravadan teaching, whilst systematic in nature, addresses all aspects of life, from the worldy or mundane to the supramundane or spiritual.

Kind regards,

Element