the website could use some less yellow

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
PadmaPhala

the website could use some less yellow

Post by PadmaPhala »

specially the gradient yellow to white. maybe vanilla?
Ben

Re: the website could use some less yellow

Post by Ben »

I suggest you try and get used to it.

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Switch to a User style sheet. (Easy if you use Opera)
W on B High Contrast.png
W on B High Contrast.png (84.98 KiB) Viewed 2225 times
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
LonesomeYogurt

Post by LonesomeYogurt »

I'm just gonna pop in and say that I really like the color scheme here. I think Dharmawheel is a little gloomier.

Secretly, the only reason I'm a Theravadin is so I get to use the forum with the better color scheme.
Gain and loss, status and disgrace,
censure and praise, pleasure and pain:
these conditions among human beings are inconstant,
impermanent, subject to change.

Knowing this, the wise person, mindful,
ponders these changing conditions.
Desirable things don’t charm the mind,
undesirable ones bring no resistance.

His welcoming and rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
- Lokavipatti Sutta

Stuff I write about things.
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

LonesomeYogurt wrote:I'm just gonna pop in and say that I really like the color scheme here. I think Dharmawheel is a little gloomier.
I associate yellow and orange with Theravada, and red & other earth tones with various Mahayana; I always assumed such a robe color theme was the basis here...
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

daverupa wrote: I associate yellow and orange with Theravada, and red & other earth tones with various Mahayana; I always assumed such a robe color theme was the basis here...
Correct.

We had several discussions about the color scheme here and especially at Dharma Wheel and one thing for sure that came out of that is that there is no way for everyone to be happy with the colors. It was sort of like "too many cooks spoil the broth" as almost everyone had an idea of what colors should be used and even where the colors should go, so eventually just stuck to the common colors found in the robes of the traditions with the note that the colors would never change (so no one has any expectation).

Plus it is a good way to test your upekkha (equanimity). :tongue: