Crowd-sourced popular music

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Kim OHara

Crowd-sourced popular music

Post by Kim OHara »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-06-19/n ... ic/4078486

I don't know whether to call it a technological triumph or say, "I told you pop music was dumb."

:juggling:

Kim
retrofuturist

Re: Crowd-sourced popular music

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

There's pop music and there's pop music.

This is unashamedly talking about what one might call "manufactured pop music"... and as with any genre of music, there's those "industry" types who are simply in it for the money, and there's those who do it for the art.

Pop-art. 8-)

It's an interesting experiment... it's a logical integration of the established phenomenon of "loops" and "electronic voting".

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
alan

Post by alan »

What is it the people get from this?
My theory is that they just want something comfortable. If it conforms to what they already know, they like it.
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

alan wrote:What is it the people get from this?
My theory is that they just want something comfortable. If it conforms to what they already know, they like it.
Yep.
People who say they 'know what they like' really (usually) mean they like what they know.
And this looks like a brilliant way of giving them more of it. Whether it is good for them is another matter.

:coffee:
Kim