auto log off

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
danieLion

auto log off

Post by danieLion »

Is there a way to prevent getting logged off after a certain amount of time/inactivity?
metta
Ben

Re: auto log off

Post by Ben »

Greetings Daniel,

How frequently do you need to log back in?
Have you tried using a different browser?
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

danieLion

Post by danieLion »

It varies wildly. After how many minutes of activity do yo get logged off? I just want to maximize the appearance of my availability with the "Online" indicator (which I assume I already do just by NOT logging off, right?).
metta
danieLion

Post by danieLion »

Kim O'Hara wrote:Sounds like my problem - http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12692

:coffee:
Kim
Thanks Kim. I Got to run, but I'll review it when I return.
metta
Ben

Post by Ben »

danieLion wrote:It varies wildly. After how many minutes of activity do yo get logged off? I just want to maximize the appearance of my availability with the "Online" indicator (which I assume I already do just by NOT logging off, right?).
metta
If I am constantly posting or doing stuff - I don't get bumped off. If, however, I am still logged on and not active on Dhamma Wheel, it may be an hour before I get logged off. Hence, I can appear to be online long after I've 'left the building'.
Some months ago I was having trouble having to log back on every couple of minutes when I was on IE. That resolved when I started using Google Chrome.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
danieLion

Post by danieLion »

Thanks, Ben. Issue resolved.

Kind regards,
Daniel