Hello friends

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Sindre

Hello friends

Post by Sindre »

Hello friends!

My name is Sindre and I am a 29 year old man living in Norway. Last summer I was lucky enough to read "What the Buddha Tought" by Rahula (in Norwegian), and it was a life changing experience for me. This summer, in july, I am going for the Samanera ordaination and I hope to become a bhikkhu later on. English language is not my strong side, but I will do my best to improve. When it comes to Dhamma I like to read and talk about it (and practice), but I realize I still have a long way to go, so I hope this forum can help me understand even better what buddhism and life is all about.

With Metta,

Sindre
"When, Bahiya, for you in the seen is merely what is seen... in the cognized is merely what is cognized, then, Bahiya, you will not be 'with that.' When, Bahiya, you are not 'with that,' then, Bahiya, you will not be 'in that.' When, Bahiya, you are not 'in that,' then, Bahiya, you will be neither here nor beyond nor in between the two. Just this is the end of suffering."
Fede

Re: Hello friends

Post by Fede »

Welcome Sindre.... I look forward to the time when we can call you 'Bhante' - !

I wish you well in your quest. We look forward to much discussion and interesting exchange with you!

Nice to meet you!

:namaste:
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
acinteyyo

Post by acinteyyo »

Hi,

nice to meet you!

Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.
Rui Sousa

Post by Rui Sousa »

Welcome Sindre,

I wish you all the best in your admirable objectives.

I look forward to read your contributions to this forum.
With Metta
thornbush

Post by thornbush »

Wow only a short span of time and already heading for the Monastic life :jawdrop:
All the best man :clap:
Rhino

Post by Rhino »

Hello,
all the best for your way.

With best wishes
With best wishes

Only in a vertical view, straight down into the abyss of his own personal existence, is a man capable of apprehending the perilous insecurity of his situation; and only a man who does apprehend this is prepared to listen to the Buddha's Teaching.
Nanavira Thera - Notes on Dhamma
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Fede wrote:Welcome Sindre.... I look forward to the time when we can call you 'Bhante' - !

I wish you well in your quest. We look forward to much discussion and interesting exchange with you!

Nice to meet you!

I Second that!

your english writing is perfect By the way!
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Sindre

Post by Sindre »

Thank you all for welcoming me. :namaste:
"When, Bahiya, for you in the seen is merely what is seen... in the cognized is merely what is cognized, then, Bahiya, you will not be 'with that.' When, Bahiya, you are not 'with that,' then, Bahiya, you will not be 'in that.' When, Bahiya, you are not 'in that,' then, Bahiya, you will be neither here nor beyond nor in between the two. Just this is the end of suffering."
Dhammabodhi

Post by Dhammabodhi »

Welcome, dear Sindre! I sincerely admire your courage to take up monastic life! I wish you well in this journey and pray that you always remain in the light!(and, when the time comes, lead others too)...Know that I fully support you in your ultimate quest. :group:

With admiration,
Dhammabodhi
"Take rest, take rest."-S.N.Goenka
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

Wow, that is fast! You read What the Buddha Taught and now you ready to ordain?

Sadhu!

Excellent!

What the Buddha Taught was my first Buddhist book of any kind. It is a classic. :reading:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Sindre,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

... and what a fine textual introduction to Buddhism you've had!

:reading:

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the material in that book, or anything else for that matter.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Guy

Post by Guy »

Welcome Sindre,

May your path to liberation be short and pleasant.

With Metta,

Guy
Four types of letting go:

1) Giving; expecting nothing back in return
2) Throwing things away
3) Contentment; wanting to be here, not wanting to be anywhere else
4) "Teflon Mind"; having a mind which doesn't accumulate things

- Ajahn Brahm
Sindre

Post by Sindre »

Again thanks a lot for the friendly welcome.

Read What the Buddha tought and now ready to ordain - yes (but I have read more books later on of course) :)
I have some wonderings and I am glad to hear that I can post them here, and I have actually found answers already just by loocking at older postings (imagine that) :D
and may your path to liberation be short and pleasant to - ought we all to support each other :twothumbsup:

Metta,
Sindre :namaste: