Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
bodom

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

Post by bodom »

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead is an excellent documentary I recently watched:
100 pounds overweight, loaded up on steroids and suffering from a debilitating autoimmune disease, Joe Cross is at the end of his rope and the end of his hope. In the mirror he saw a 310lb man whose gut was bigger than a beach ball and a path laid out before him that wouldn't end well— with one foot already in the grave, the other wasn't far behind. FAT, SICK & NEARLY DEAD is an inspiring film that chronicles Joe's personal mission to regain his health.

With doctors and conventional medicines unable to help long- term, Joe turns to the only option left, the body's ability to heal itself. He trades in the junk food and hits the road with juicer and generator in tow vowing only to drink fresh fruit and vegetable juice for the next 60 days.
Its a very inspiring movie and so much so that I went out and a bought a juicer today in hopes of changing my diet.

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Ben

Re: Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

Post by Ben »

Looks great, Bodom!
When I get home (in town) I'll see if I can rent it out.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
SDC

Post by SDC »

You can tell he went straight into middle America too. He didn't just hit the big cities where you assume he would've had an easier time drawing support for dieting. Did not expect that all.

Look really interesting. Thanks for posting.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
rowboat

Post by rowboat »

That documentary does sound inspiring. This transformative resolve is an expression of viriya. Healthy projects like these are supported and maintained by viriya.

I was personally inspired by this brief RSA Animates presentation from physician Dr Michael Evans:

Rain soddens what is covered up,
It does not sodden what is open.
Therefore uncover what is covered
That the rain will not sodden it.
Ud 5.5