Photos of Borobudur

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
householder

Photos of Borobudur

Post by householder »

Hi all,

Been quiet on here for a long time!

I'm travelling around a bit and am now at Borobudur. Here are some photos you may enjoy. I highly recommend you visit if you get the chance!

https://plus.google.com/photos/11258177 ... 6KNvP3nqAE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben

Re: Photos of Borobudur

Post by Ben »

Thanks Householder,

My daughter went to Borobodur at dawn about five years ago and gave me several hundred photos of the site and another nearby Buddhist site.
I look forward to looking at your photos. However, Google Chrome is giving me a security error:
ou attempted to reach plus.google.com, but the server presented a certificate that is not yet valid.
It may just be an artefact of my own connection.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
householder

Post by householder »

I've made it public - should that do it?
Ben

Post by Ben »

No, still not working for me.
But don't worry about it unless others get the same security warning.
As I said, its very likely an artefact of my connection which is via a rural 3G cell-phone network.
When I go back home tomorrow afternoon or on the weekend - I'll check out your photos.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

It works for me. Nice photos. :thumbsup:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Worked for me too. Beautiful photos!
householder

Post by householder »

Thanks. Will add some more when I go back to Myanmar. The rest are a boring assortment of the usual travelly/touristy photos.
Yana

Post by Yana »

It's beautiful!

i went there alone when i was 16 years old..i lost my wallet,fell ill and got lost ..one of the worst bad lucks i've ever had in my life.But i still remember an old monk walking past me and he looked right at me and smiled.. i just felt so comforted..aww that was the best memory.never forgot it :smile:

Great Pictures!
Life is preparing for Death