Vipassana Fellowship

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
syrius

Vipassana Fellowship

Post by syrius »

Hi , this i is my first post so I apologise if i haven't post it on the right board .
I am thinking on to participate on the course offered by the Vipassana fellowship

http://www.vipassana.com/course/intro.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and if they are legit ?

I already meditate on the breath but i would like to go a bit further as well as revisiting the fundamental . i have been struggling recently with motivation even though i am still meditating daily. My maijn problem is what to do practically with the hindrance .

thank you .
Ben

Re: Vipassana Fellowship

Post by Ben »

Hi syrius,
I've known a few people who have done the course. While I can't recommend it personally, the comments I have heard about the course is positive.
What does Andrew Quernmore suggest you do when you encounter the hindrances? That would be my first port of call if you are following this approach and it is what I recommend that you investigate and do.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..