I'm so depressed

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
SamKR

Re: I'm so depressed

Post by SamKR »

perkele wrote: Try the following:
1) Order a pizza.
2) Say thank you to the delivery guy and give him a tip.
3) Eat the pizza.
4) If a hungry ghost is harassing you, give him a piece of pizza.
5) Wash the dishes.
Liked it. Should also try similar other things.
These easy little acts gladden mind.
kirk5a

Post by kirk5a »

In my experience, putting effort into wakefulness is the antidote to depression.
"When one thing is practiced & pursued, ignorance is abandoned, clear knowing arises, the conceit 'I am' is abandoned, latent tendencies are uprooted, fetters are abandoned. Which one thing? Mindfulness immersed in the body." -AN 1.230
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Are you seeking professional help?
talking to friends and family?
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
jackson

Post by jackson »

Hi greggorius,
I'm going through a rough patch myself, just wanted to let you know I can relate. Also, thank you Reflection and David2 for sharing the Ajahn Brahm talks, they've been helpful and have picked up my mood a fair bit.
With Karuna and Mudita,
Jackson
"The heart of the path is quite easy. There’s no need to explain anything at length. Let go of love and hate and let things be. That’s all that I do in my own practice." - Ajahn Chah
ground

Post by ground »

http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11622" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alcohol is known to be a very potent depressive agent.
befriend

Post by befriend »

thich nhat hanh teaches that smiling even when you have no reason to smile, can be a source of joy. not a big smile just a little smile, hold it for a while and it will eventually make you actually happy.
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.