In Dhamma I take refuge most.

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Ricardo da Silva

In Dhamma I take refuge most.

Post by Ricardo da Silva »

Dear friends and readers,

This article is my own writing. I am not very good in English writing but I try to write my veneration to the Dhamma of the Buddha.

My name is Ricardo da Silva. I live in Myanmar (Burma).
I am a Burmese descended from Portuguese ancestors.
I am a Theravada Buddhist. I take refuge in Tiratana. I take refuge in the Buddha, the Dhamma and the Sangha. But in these three refuges, I take refuge in the Dhamma most.

Why do I take refuge in the Dhamma more than the Buddha and the Sangha?

In these three refuges, the Dhamma is the most important. The Buddha is the person who realizes the Dhamma (esp the Four Noble Truths and Nibbana) without learning from any other person. Buddha realizes Ariya Dhamma by himself. Nobody taught Him what is Ariya Dhamma. The Sangha is the community of the noble persons who realize Ariya Dhamma or ,at least, still trying to realize Ariya Dhamma. Even Buddha and Sangha community venerate Dhamma. Buddha really treasures Dhamma. Sangha continuously safeguards Dhamma not to be extinct because extinction of Dhamma is extinction of Buddhism.

Since the Enlightenment of the Buddhahood, Buddha preached and taught His Ariya Dhamma to men and gods for 45 years, even when he was dying.
Buddha said "One who sees Dhamma sees me.One who sees me sees Dhamma."
The principles of Buddhism are called the "Dhamma," or truth, and involve using meditation to achieve enlightenment and wisdom.

In fact, Dhamma is the teachings of the Buddha. What the Buddha taught is the Dhamma. Buddha taught all living beings, including us, how to attain Nibbana. Buddha also taught how to attain Brahamahood or Deva-hood if you can't effort to attain Nibbana yet. Buddha taught how to avoid four apaya (lower) abodes, that is not to be reborn in one of these abodes. What I mean is Buddha taught not only the higher practises for the Bhikkhus, nuns and practising yogis but also the lower practises for the ordinary worldly people.

To be continued....
If a man does evil, he should not do it again and again; he should not take delight in it; the accumulation of evil leads to suffering. (Dhammapada 117)

If a man does what is good, he should do it again and again; he should take delight in it; the accumulation of good leads to happiness. (Dhammapada 118)
Ben

Re: In Dhamma I take refuge most.

Post by Ben »

Mingala ba, Ricardo!
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
with Metta,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Nice article!

:buddha2:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Ricardo,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome Ricardo!

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Ricardo!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

Welcome, Ricardo..
when did your 1st Portuguese ancestor arrive in Yangon? Some settled in Malacca in the 16th century..