can you help me find a statue?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
jcsuperstar

can you help me find a statue?

Post by jcsuperstar »

i'm looking for statues of arahants...

specifically ananda. around 4 to 5" tall

i have moggalana, sariputta and sivali

mahakassapa would be cool too

thanks
jc
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
Nicholas Weeks

Re: can you help me find a statue?

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

jcsuperstar wrote:i'm looking for statues of arahants...

specifically ananda. around 4 to 5" tall

i have moggalana, sariputta and sivali

mahakassapa would be cool too

thanks
jc
They do exist, but where to find them? Here are some, the Sixteen Arhats, that buddhanet displays: http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/history/lohans.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe this SF temple could help you find statues? Look in the lower right for images of the Sixteen: http://www.zhaxizhuoma.net/NEWS/2006-FuHuiSi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
jcsuperstar

Re: can you help me find a statue?

Post by jcsuperstar »

thanks!

luckily (but its also bumming me out) my girlfriend desided last night she wants to go home (thailand) for a couple weeks and so bought the ticket today and leaves tonight

i guess if you gotta go you gotta go

but shes gonna look for me there where im sure she'll have way more luck than i will here
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat