Retrofuturist has stepped down as administrator

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Retrofuturist has stepped down as administrator

Post by DNS »

:cry:

Yes, it is a sad time indeed that retro has stepped down as admin to take care of some things in his life. For the record it was his decision alone and he will be greatly missed.

He did excellent work here from inception with the set-up, moderating, and administrative duties.

And of course, I welcome Ben to fill that role and know he will continue to do well.

Dhamma Wheel would not be what it is today (the most popular, most visited Buddhist forum on the internet) were it not for Paul. He is not only a co-founder, but kept it together when times got tough and had a level-headed, compassionate, liberal moderating style. I cannot say enough good things about him and whatever I say is an understatement.

He is the one who encouraged me to assist him with the starting of a Buddhist forum, primarily geared to Theravada. And then when this forum went well, it was his encouragement again to start a Mahayana forum (Dharma Wheel), appropriately with the same type of name and design, but with the different spelling for the language of the tradition.
manas

Post by manas »

I also wish to thank retro for all of his contribution here as site admin, his personal assistance from time to time, and also just his generally easygoing personality (not a bad thing also 8-) ), and retro: I wish you continued increase in virtue, concentration and insight!

:namaste:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Lots of good wishes for your health and happiness in the future Retro, I will miss your friendship and kindness here .

:hug:
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

...cannot say enough good things about him and whatever I say is an understatement.
All the very best to you Paul...
Assaji

Post by Assaji »

Good luck to you, Retro! :anjali:
Monkey Mind

Post by Monkey Mind »

I skim through a lot of material on Buddhist forums, but I always stop to read a post from Retro. Thank you for some great information and role modelling.
"As I am, so are others;
as others are, so am I."
Having thus identified self and others,
harm no one nor have them harmed.

Sutta Nipāta 3.710
Euclid

Post by Euclid »

Thanks for all of your hard work Retro!
Viscid

Post by Viscid »

Retro was pretty awesome. I hope whatever he's doing goes well.
"What holds attention determines action." - William James
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings everyone,

Thanks for the kind words... I expect I'll still be around, it just won't be in a formal leadership capacity.

I'm actually quite looking forward to enjoying the forum as a member, without any obligations other than to adhere to the terms of service.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
mindfullmom

Post by mindfullmom »

I don't post often but I do read here often. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to learn from everyone here and Retro has been been one of my favorites. Thank you for your thoughts and your style of expressing them! :bow:
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

I think the blue suits you. You're like a differently-colored lightsabre now. (The red guy lost his apprentice, it would seem...)
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
Ben

Post by Ben »

daverupa wrote:The red guy lost his apprentice, it would seem...
WHAT??
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

Ben wrote:
WHAT??
...and gained a new one...

:jedi:
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

daverupa wrote:
Ben wrote:
WHAT??
...and gained a new one...

:jedi:
I think there is a bit of humor here, but damdifino what it is.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

Sorry to clutter the thread, in any case.

:heart: