Howdy

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
zamis

Howdy

Post by zamis »

I'm known as raincloud elsewhere but really really tired of even a name so I've reverted to an old name from a beloved wolfdog companion many years ago, knowing there really is no rest anywhere...

In March I go to California, hoping that by then an aspiration can be voiced... until then in limbo with limbs able to carry wood and water for which I am grateful.
"Therefore Ananda, live with yourself as an island, yourself as a refuge, there is no other Refuge. With the Teaching as an island, the Teaching as a refuge, there is no other Refuge." (DN 16)
Ben

Re: Howdy

Post by Ben »

I remember you!
Welcome (raincloud) zamis!
Good to have you here!
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings and welcome, Zamis.

I was hoping you would work out where we'd all gotten to... thanks for finding us.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
zamis

Post by zamis »

A jackal led me here. :)
"Therefore Ananda, live with yourself as an island, yourself as a refuge, there is no other Refuge. With the Teaching as an island, the Teaching as a refuge, there is no other Refuge." (DN 16)
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Jackals are cool 8-)

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

Nice to see you here... :smile:
genkaku

Post by genkaku »

Welcome, welcome!
piper

Post by piper »

Hi Zamis. :)