Ignore / Block Function

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
plwk

Ignore / Block Function

Post by plwk »

Dear Admin & Mods,

As I recall back in the now defunct E-Sangha, there was a facility/function which allows one to block postings of ignored users from one's view in forum sections' threads, where one gets a message in the thread itself that goes something like 'This posting is from an ignored user' and then has an option of either maintaining it that way or one can unblock it.

Is this function possible with the current DW setup?

:anjali:
tiltbillings

Re: Ignore / Block Function

Post by tiltbillings »

Go to "control panel" and there you will find "friends and foes" option. You'll need to enter in the names of those you want block.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Does that block incoming PM's Tilt ?
Ben

Post by Ben »

PeterB wrote:Does that block incoming PM's Tilt ?
I don't think it does, Peter. Though I am sure David will be able to clarify.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

:anjali:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I don't think it blocks PMs, but if you're getting unwarranted PMs, ask the person to desist from sending you PMs, and if they continue to pepper your inbox, feel free to forward the relevant correspondence through to staff for review.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
plwk

Post by plwk »

Does that block incoming PM's Tilt ?
See...
http://dhammawheel.com/ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Personal messages from foes are still permitted.
Thank you to tilt for this reminder on 'Friends & Foes'...I totally forgot about it