Tax day

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Lazy_eye

Tax day

Post by Lazy_eye »

Strangely silent around here today... scrambling to get those returns in? :jumping:
cooran

Re: Tax day

Post by cooran »

Well, this side of the Pacific, we're still trying to get over all the chocolate we ate at Easter and the four day long weekend off from work (Good Friday and Easter Monday). Being a buddhist doesn't mean I don't join in the Custom of the Country, and eat, drink and laze about. :tongue:
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Mmm... hot cross buns.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Fede

Post by Fede »

...One a penny, two a penny, hot cross buns!

I made some - they were really good!
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

I saw a recipe once with cranberries in it - that looked nice.

I had a mocha hot-cross bun which was surprisingly good.

And a chocolate one.

And a whole lot of the regular ones from a nearby bakery.

Krispy Kreme also did a hot-cross bun style donut, with cinnamon flavoured cream inside.

Needless to say, that was good too.

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ben

Post by Ben »

I've been rediscovering some of the cakes my grandmother used to make. English tea-cake (a current fav), sultana butter cake.
My boys have been getting into the baking as well and they've made over-size choc chip cookies.
Its a bit cool and drizzling today so I think I might make an iced blueberry slice from a recipe I've been hanging onto for the last ten years.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Lazy_eye

Post by Lazy_eye »

I love how this thread morphed, from taxes to Easter. And sorry if my original post was a bit non-inclusive -- I figured Aussies would still be asleep, and Britons busy with supper. :smile:

Easter for me is this coming Sunday, so it will be tsoureki and koulourakia rather than hot cross buns. But they do sound delicious!

Metta,
LE
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

There needs to be some kind of non-denominational hot-cross bun... just the bun without the cross.

It sounds simple, doesn't it?

Perhaps it's some kind of conspiracy, a bit like how you can't buy the jam from inside jam donuts by itself, and like how when you go to the supermarket looking for chicken salt, all you can find is "fries sprinkle" and it doesn't taste one bit like chicken salt.... or how in Australia we don't get those nice artificial cherry or cinnamon flavours you can get in the U.S.

Maybe I'm just ahead of the times... I conceived of diet alcopops, and guarana/taurine addled alcopops before they were ever actually invented.

Metta,
Ben

Post by Ben »

How about a wheel bun?
Diet alco-pop?
How about chocolate that makes you loose weight? That is my uninvented great invention.
I mean...we've got the technology, right?
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Ben wrote:How about chocolate that makes you loose weight?
Ngawang Drolma.

Post by Ngawang Drolma. »

retrofuturist wrote:
Ben wrote:How about chocolate that makes you loose weight?
teehee :D