ZFI

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Ceisiwr

ZFI

Post by Ceisiwr »

Greetings

Im having trouble getting onto Zeninternationalforum, is anyone else having an error message when they try to visit?

Metta
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
genkaku

Re: ZFI

Post by genkaku »

At first I thought it was my foul mouth and bad breath, but it turns out that several others are having the same difficulty ... others who are far more couth than I. :)
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I can't access it just now either. I think they've been having a few technical issues on and off for the last couple of days.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
LuzdelaLuna

Post by LuzdelaLuna »

Howdy everyone!

Yes, there is an email glitch going on. I'm sure it will be resolved soon.

:hello:
If you can't find the truth right in front of you, where do you expect to find it? - Dogen

blog
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Thanks for the update LuzdelaLuna

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Jechbi

Post by Jechbi »

Great to see you, LuzdelaLuna!

:hello:

I get this message:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Rain soddens what is kept wrapped up,
But never soddens what is open;
Uncover, then, what is concealed,
Lest it be soddened by the rain.
LuzdelaLuna

Post by LuzdelaLuna »

Hi Jechbi!

I'm not troubleshooting this one. I'm just a lowly graphics and stylesheet tech...not a phpBB programmer. I'm sure it is in very capable hands. Let's send good vibes their way.
:anjali:

PS: Hi retro and you are welcome.
:smile:
If you can't find the truth right in front of you, where do you expect to find it? - Dogen

blog
laura

Post by laura »

Yup, it's happening to all of us. Hopefully will be fixed soon!
christopher:::

Post by christopher::: »

Hi all. Over 100 e-mail notifications were sent out to members about a change in the TOS. This led to an automatic shutdown, by the server. It's happened again, and so Greg is trying to work it out...

Thank you for your patience!!

:heart:
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
termite

Post by termite »

Yeah, I've gotten six of that email, so far. It looks like the mass email is being put back in the queue every time they start the web server. I'd say they need to disable the outgoing mail before restarting the forum software. :)
hrtbeat7

Post by hrtbeat7 »

termite wrote:Yeah, I've gotten six of that email, so far. It looks like the mass email is being put back in the queue every time they start the web server. I'd say they need to disable the outgoing mail before restarting the forum software. :)

Yeah, but we can't get back in yet to do that -- Hosticon (The Server people) Customer Service is not very responsive to our situation in letting us back in to fix the glitch, so it's a bit of a stalemate right now it seems.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

The webmaster techie here at Dhamma Wheel (aka, my son) is looking into it too. He will be back on line later this evening to check it out and offer assistance.
hrtbeat7

Post by hrtbeat7 »

TheDhamma wrote:The webmaster techie here at Dhamma Wheel (aka, my son) is looking into it too. He will be back on line later this evening to check it out and offer assistance.

Thanks to both of you -- we're still down as of 4 PM PST Friday. The coordinator of our efforts is Gregory Wonderwheel. If your son would like to speak to him, please let me know through a PM and I will forward his contact info.
essie

Post by essie »

Hello Everyone -- Gregory has been trying to figure out how to fix it, but we're not getting much cooperation from our web host (HostICan). Our tech guy is not available, so Gregory has been trying to solve the problem, but doesn't have the experience we need.

The problem is that we sent out a PM to all registered users, without thinking that it would send an email notice to everyone that they had a PM. Our web server shuts us down if there are more than 100 emails/hour. Every time they release the site, it starts sending the emails again & we get shut down again.

If there is someone here with experience in phpBBB who can help us. Please email me at [email protected]

Also, Gregory is leaving for 7-day meditation retreat tomorrow, and I'll be gone most of tomorrow driving him out there. So, if someone could contact me tonight that would be a BIG help.

Thanks,

~Carol
Gregory Wonderwheel

Post by Gregory Wonderwheel »

If anyone knows what the hell this means please let me know.
Carol,

Thank you for your reply.

There must be a way to clear the table in the MySQL so this forum
stops sending out message. Its basically waiting for us to release
it agian, and it will start sending the messages again and again...

If you can get someone to give you the syntax to clear the table for
sending messages, this should fix this issue.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Kevin White
HostICan Support
Apparently our phpBB program is caught in some kind of loop sending out the email and when the hosting program shuts down the email program starts up again and automatically triggers the shut down again. The hosting service support guy says the above and thinks we can fix the problem before the program starts up again.

When I look at the cPanel I don't know what they mean by saying

"clear the table in the MySQL"
or
" get someone to give you the syntax to clear the table for sending messages,"

Can anyone tell me what those directions mean?

_/|\_
Gregory
'There is this.' And so this, his entry into emptiness, accords with actuality, is undistorted in meaning, pure — superior & unsurpassed. ~ The Minor Discourse on Emptiness