Poll: Your sex or gender?

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.

What is your sex or gender

Man
71%
Woman
28%
Transgendered
2%

Total votes: 65

Sanghamitta

Re: Poll: Your sex or gender?

Post by Sanghamitta »

Justsit wrote:Here friends, have a laugh. :tongue:

Warning: naked bum alert
Thats him !
The going for refuge is the door of entrance to the teachings of the Buddha.

Bhikku Bodhi.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Sanghamitta wrote:Have I told you about my son, Tilt ?
Electric guitar....never changes his sheets ?
For some odd reason, smelly noisy people are bit too much for me. I think I will go with the Devil:

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Ben wrote: Tilt, you'll get to see one when you come to visit!
Believe me, I'd love to, but first it it is to Muckanaghederdauhaulia, Ireland I must go.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Sanghamitta wrote:
Justsit wrote:Here friends, have a laugh. :tongue:

Warning: naked bum alert
Thats him !
I always wondered what Peter looked like.

Sanghamitta

Post by Sanghamitta »

he's put on weight since that was taken...he has a double chin on his bum.

Bhikku Bodhi.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Sanghamitta wrote:he's put on weight since that was taken...he has a double chin on his bum.
I am sure he'll be pleased you shared that with us.

Sanghamitta

Post by Sanghamitta »

I'll hide the computer...he is a typical man, if he cant see it, it doesn't exist...not that I am stereotyping or anything you understand.

Bhikku Bodhi.
Jhana4

Post by Jhana4 »

Hey Mods.

If you are so inclined please move this thread to the lounge.

Thanks.
In reading the scriptures, there are two kinds of mistakes:
One mistake is to cling to the literal text and miss the inner principles.
The second mistake is to recognize the principles but not apply them to your own mind, so that you waste time and just make them into causes of entanglement.
cooran

Post by cooran »

Voted. Female.

Though I'm not sure just how the truthfulness of the posters can be verified - without a full medical. :tongue:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Vardali

Post by Vardali »

Female :spy:
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

cooran wrote:Voted. Female.

Though I'm not sure just how the truthfulness of the posters can be verified - without a full medical. :tongue:

with metta
Chris
Some of us have lied through our teeth, or are confused, or do not see the issue as an issue.

Ben

Post by Ben »

To be honest, I'm surprised Chownah hasn't voted 'transgendered' in an attempt to be funny or noticed.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

I wanted to vote 'human' but that option wasn't offered.
Sigh.

Kim
chownah

Post by chownah »

Ben wrote:To be honest, I'm surprised Chownah hasn't voted 'transgendered' in an attempt to be funny or noticed.
I was practicing restraint but since you mention it I was going to say that there should be another category..."Does not apply".

If your post was meant to be 100% humor then stop reading here.....if there was even a small bit of non humor intended then read further.

Why would me voting "transgendered" be funny?...I don't get it. I live in Thailand....transgendered people are very common here...they wait on you in stores both small and large even in some of the most upscale shopping centers...you see high school age boys dressed in skirts being cheerleaders....they prepare your food in many restaurants and......need I elaborate more?

And if I did vote tranny who would know that it is me?...I thought that poll's were anonymous....hardly seems that someone would vote in an anonymous poll in an attempt to get noticed....does it?
chownah
Last edited by chownah on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sanghamitta

Post by Sanghamitta »

No matter how unpalatable or inconvenient, human beings come in a variety of colours, many shapes and sizes, and ( at least ) two genders. We start from what is.
In the sixties a friend of mine would say that she know longer noticed peoples colour. She told me one day in a state of some confusion and hurt that she had said this to an afro american woman, who had told her that she felt that her identity had been negated. That she was black and proud of the fact.
Women want to be seen as women. Not as honorary men or genderless.
There are good reasons why kammic and biological strands have come together to form men and women.
We start from where we are. Transcending that is some way down the way.

Bhikku Bodhi.