Suggestions of places to get shrine supplies?

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
Posaune

Suggestions of places to get shrine supplies?

Post by Posaune »

I'm a college student, so I don't have a lot of money. I would like to set up a basic shrine this year in my apartment however. Any suggestions on where to find some reasonably priced statues and such?

Mettā
mikenz66

Re: Suggestions of places to get shrine supplies?

Post by mikenz66 »

Welcome Posaune,

It might be easier for someone to answer your question if you told us (at least approximately) where you live.

:anjali:
Mike
Posaune

Post by Posaune »

Oh, sure. I live in Fargo, North Dakota. There aren't a lot of Buddhist culture here or a temple near for that matter.
morning mist

Post by morning mist »

Posaune wrote:I'm a college student, so I don't have a lot of money. I would like to set up a basic shrine this year in my apartment however. Any suggestions on where to find some reasonably priced statues and such?

Mettā
Hi Posaune,

If you are near Ross, they have some nice Buddha statues . There are also meditation candles. Other than that I would put an air freshener to dispense some scent.

With metta,
with metta,
Posaune

Post by Posaune »

Thanks for the help :)
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

You might ask tiltbillings as he is from Fargo as well and might know some shops there. :)
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.