Where is Bhante Dhammanando?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Ordinaryperson

Where is Bhante Dhammanando?

Post by Ordinaryperson »

I have been away from Dhamma Wheel for a while only managed to get back recently but I have not seen any threads by Bhante/Bhikkhu Dhammanando, so wonder where is he now?

I plan to visit Thailand in August with my father so might want to meet up with him just to meet him in person. Any idea?

:smile:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
~Actively trying to destroy the Three Unwholesome Roots of Greed, Hatred and Ignorance~
~ Greed is the greatest danger of them all ~
Virgo

Re: Where is Bhante Dhammanando?

Post by Virgo »

If you can't get in touch with him I can try and get you his contact information.

Kevin
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello Ordinaryperson,

Ajahn is mostly on silent retreats, and comes out of the forest occasionally for supplies. He currently lives in Phrao, Chiang Mai, Thailand. You could try messaging him through his Facebook page, which he very occasionally reads.
Dhammanando Bhikkhu
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/dhammanando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last time he posted there was on May 9, but, as it was his birthday yesterday and there are many good wishes posted, he ''may'' have contact soon.

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Ordinaryperson wrote:I have been away from Dhamma Wheel for a while only managed to get back recently but I have not seen any threads by Bhante/Bhikkhu Dhammanando, so wonder where is he now?

I plan to visit Thailand in August with my father so might want to meet up with him just to meet him in person. Any idea?

:smile:
The wat that he is staying at now does not have internet service; however, Leave him a PM. He does log in occasionally. He was last here on May 9. One of the other staff here should have his address.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

He sure was helpful here when he had more time online and participation here. He was the 'encyclopedia' of Pali and Vinaya knowledge and the rest of the teachings too.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

David N. Snyder wrote:He sure was helpful here when he had more time online and participation here. He was the 'encyclopedia' of Pali and Vinaya knowledge and the rest of the teachings too.
Ajahn is truly a great man. He is extremely well learned in Dhamma.

Kevin
plwk

Post by plwk »

Btw...Happy Impermanence Day Bhante :anjali:
Ordinaryperson

Post by Ordinaryperson »

cooran wrote:Hello Ordinaryperson,

Ajahn is mostly on silent retreats, and comes out of the forest occasionally for supplies. He currently lives in Phrao, Chiang Mai, Thailand. You could try messaging him through his Facebook page, which he very occasionally reads.
Dhammanando Bhikkhu
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/dhammanando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last time he posted there was on May 9, but, as it was his birthday yesterday and there are many good wishes posted, he ''may'' have contact soon.

with metta
Chris
Thanks Folks for the update.

I see Bhante has gone "walkabout". Depending on Bhante he might be away for sometimes if that is the case so I might need to find out a little bit more on his where about in one month time when I am less busy. Might be a good idea to find or to speak to his Ajahn as well. I know my grand uncle and the old monks we know went into forest or "walkabout" for more than 10 years. My trip to Thailand will involve paying respect to all the old monks and also one Bhikkhuni my father met a while back. She is not an ordinary Bhikkhuni put it this way.

:anjali: :namaste:
~Actively trying to destroy the Three Unwholesome Roots of Greed, Hatred and Ignorance~
Ordinaryperson

Post by Ordinaryperson »

cooran wrote:Hello Ordinaryperson,

Dhammanando Bhikkhu

with metta
Chris
Hi Chris,

I do not use Facebook so unable to message Bhante but do you know which temple his Ajan resides? My father and I might just go to see his Ajan which I am sure we will know where he is. :smile: :anjali:

p/s: We might be there in the 3rd week of August.
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello Ordinary Person,

Bhante Dhammanando's facebook page seems to have expired or been removed. I no longer have any contact number for him.
Does anyone else?

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Ordinaryperson

Post by Ordinaryperson »

cooran wrote:Hello Ordinary Person,

Bhante Dhammanando's facebook page seems to have expired or been removed. I no longer have any contact number for him.
Does anyone else?

with metta
Chris
Hi Chris,

No worry I have found his temple via google search and will trace Bhante from there.

My father explained that for the next 3 months he would have to go back to his temple for "Pangsa" or the season of Lent and according to my father during this season all monks must stay in the temple. I just hope he will go back to his temple for this season and it would be nice to meet him and his preceptor as well.

This is the temple.
http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?tit ... %2C_Bhante

:anjali:
Bankei

Post by Bankei »

That is an old post and I think Bhikkhu Dhammanando is not staying there at the moment.

During Pannsa (Vassa) monks don't need to stay at their home temple, but they do need to stay in the same place for the 3 month period.
-----------------------
Bankei