planning for a course

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
venkatad

planning for a course

Post by venkatad »

I have already planned for a course but still have not been granted permission from office. I have been facing IBS kind of problem with crampings once in a while ...the cramping stay for may be 5 seconds esp when I had ful stomach and lots of gas....How can i over come this esp during retreat?? my gut feeling says during retreat we generally tend to eat less, so it would not be a problem.
Please advise me...
TIA
Ben

Re: planning for a course

Post by Ben »

If you haven't seen a medical practitioner about your condition, then I suggest you do so.

If its a ten-day course as taught by SN Goenka, the registration (online or print), you will have the opportunity to let management know of your medical condition in advance. Be kind enough to also inform them of any dietary requirements that mitigate your condition. On the orientation afternoon, you will meet with someone from management and you will have the opportunity to tell them again then.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
venkatad

Re: planning for a course

Post by venkatad »

Ben wrote:If you haven't seen a medical practitioner about your condition, then I suggest you do so.

If its a ten-day course as taught by SN Goenka, the registration (online or print), you will have the opportunity to let management know of your medical condition in advance. Be kind enough to also inform them of any dietary requirements that mitigate your condition. On the orientation afternoon, you will meet with someone from management and you will have the opportunity to tell them again then.
kind regards

Ben
Thanks Ben...In fact I have already been to a doctor and he performed CT scan tests etc and said I am absolutely fine probably tensed life is doing it....I will let the management know about the condition
Thanks