MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: Forthcoming Changes to the DW Forums

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
mikenz66

Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: Forthcoming Changes to the DW Forums

Post by mikenz66 »

Sam Vara wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:06 pm Blimey, it's real! It's really there...and very...blue.
Not green? :rofl:

:heart:
Mike
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

Seems like you're trying to deny that Buddhists are human, and only think about Dhamma, it seems a wide ranging open forum would attract new viewers more than a highly technical Dhamma only format, I think you''ve made a big mistake.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Lyndon,

That's nice. Maybe you should have thought about that before you set about incessantly and intolerantly trolling people who disagree with you for years on end, and helping in that respect to push our hand. Staff have decided we'd rather participate in a more focused Theravāda Buddhism forum than attend to your worldly quibbling, so expect it to be met with short thrift moving forward.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SDC

Post by SDC »

lyndon taylor wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:53 am Seems like you're trying to deny that Buddhists are human, and only think about Dhamma, it seems a wide ranging open forum would attract new viewers more than a highly technical Dhamma only format, I think you''ve made a big mistake.
Well then go "make the new forum great again" for the first time. :tongue:

But seriously, all three forums are going to see a degree of integration with the crossover membership, so we are not likely to be as closed off as we once were. I think this change will make both the Mahayana and Theravada communities stronger and more united. Time will tell.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

retrofuturist wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:10 am Greetings Lyndon,

That's nice. Maybe you should have thought about that before you set about incessantly and intolerantly trolling people who disagree with you for years on end, and helping in that respect to push our hand. Staff have decided we'd rather participate in a more focused Theravāda Buddhism forum than attend to your worldly quibbling, so expect it to be met with short thrift moving forward.

Metta,
Actually I thought it was your worldly input that made the move necessary??
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Lyndon,
lyndon taylor wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:55 am Actually I thought it was your worldly input that made the move necessary??
Your intolerance and poor reactions towards it and anyone else who disagreed with you, yes.

Now... the past is done, but if you have any constructive suggestions for the future, please use the Suggestion Box here or at DWE, as the case may be.

As of now, what was once "forthcoming" is now "here", so this announcement topic will be closed.

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."