New Analyo Bhikkhu Book to be Released

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
pilgrim

Re: New Analyo Bhikkhu Book to be Released

Post by pilgrim »

I am happy to see Theravada books published and offered commercially. These are often stocked in large bookshops and are able to attract the attention of people who otherwise have no contact with Buddhism. The current model of making free Dhamma books available in temples and monasteries just "preach to the converted". The practice has its place but is often taxing on donors resources and somewhat wasteful. I've seen children take Dhamma books for no good reason and I think a large number taken home are not read.
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

While Ven Analayo's writing style is different than what I am accustomed to I am beginning to appreciate it more. I have pre-ordered his new book(s).
bodom

Post by bodom »

dharmacorps wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:06 pm While Ven Analayo's writing style is different than what I am accustomed to I am beginning to appreciate it more. I have pre-ordered his new book(s).
They are well worth the time spent on them.

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

bodom wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:49 pm
dharmacorps wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:06 pm While Ven Analayo's writing style is different than what I am accustomed to I am beginning to appreciate it more. I have pre-ordered his new book(s).
They are well worth the time spent on them.

:namaste:
Indeed. I finished his Satipatthana book last week and found it quite helpful.
Kamran

Post by Kamran »

His book on the Brahmaviharas has become my most useful meditation book.

https://www.amazon.com/Compassion-Empti ... 1909314552