Welcome back to Paul (retro)

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Mr Man

Re: Welcome back to Paul (retro)

Postby Mr Man » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:37 pm

Ben and tiltbillings will be greatly missed by me. In my opinion they have done a great job over the years and it is a great shame that they will no longer be taking part in the looking after of this forum.
:anjali:

Crazy cloud

Postby Crazy cloud » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:46 pm

exellent place, - hats off for all!

:)
your name Mori means forest like the infinite fresh green distances of your blindness

Khalil Bodhi

Postby Khalil Bodhi » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:09 pm

Mr Man wrote:Ben and tiltbillings will be greatly missed by me. In my opinion they have done a great job over the years and it is a great shame that they will no longer be taking part in the looking after of this forum.

They certainly will be missed. Their departure is a great loss for the forum.
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

Uposatha Observance Club:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=148031379279&v=info
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com

alan

Postby alan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:20 pm

Very happy to hear Paul is back. And as my password is working again, I get to come back too!

Wind_of_Change

Postby Wind_of_Change » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:21 pm

alan wrote:Very happy to hear Paul is back. And as my password is working again, I get to come back too!

I too am very happy to be back. And also salute the changes :D

Thank you all for taking care of DW and keeping it a nice place :group:
For those who want to investigate "higher dhamma" (witch is phenomenological dhamma): link
For those who want to investigate it further: link
Understanding will not come while reading. It will come while lying on the coach and thinking, actively trying to understand it. The same way a mechanic understands how an engine works, the same way one will understand higher dhamma.

Cittasanto

Postby Cittasanto » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:48 pm

:anjali: :bow: :anjali: :bow: :anjali: :bow:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill

sattva

Postby sattva » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:00 am

tiltbillings wrote:
Thisperson wrote:Thanks for all making this forum work! :twothumbsup:
You are welcome. Speaking for Ben and me, it has been a long haul, sometimes very much annoyingly so, but more often rewarding, fun, heartening, and worth it in the time and effort we have been able to give in service of the Dhamma and help make a place where we all can meet, discuss, argue, learn, and hopefully grow.

Tilt, I want to thank you so much for all the work that you did here over the years. It couldn't have been easy. That you managed to keep your wit within all of this craziness says a lot about you. Ben, likewise, has always been a favorite of mine from E-Sangha days. In fact, I followed him here to ask a question of him when he was no longer spending much time at E-Sangha.
As Ben would say,
Kind regards,
sattva/louise

ps. Feel free to visit and chat any time!
Buddhist Lounge and Chat
Where everybody doesn't know your name, but we're awfully glad you came.
http://us20.chatzy.com/25904628501622
Buddhists Singles Chat
Welcome to Buddhist Singles Chat! Dharma, love, togetherness, commitment, walking the Path, kalyanamitta partners is the purpose of this room. OPEN CHAT HOURS: FRIDAYS 9 am EST until MONDAY 9 am EST
http://us21.chatzy.com/64045572939910

tiltbillings

Postby tiltbillings » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:07 am

sattva wrote:Tilt, I want to thank you so much for all the work that you did here over the years. It couldn't have been easy. That you managed to keep your wit within all of this craziness says a lot about you. Ben, likewise, has always been a favorite of mine from E-Sangha days. In fact, I followed him here to ask a question of him when he was no longer spending much time at E-Sangha.
As Ben would say,
Kind regards,
sattva/louise

Thank you for the kind words. Your presence here has always been a good thing. I forwarded this to Ben, who will no longer be posting here.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<<
      -- Proverbs 26:12

Mkoll

Postby Mkoll » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:51 am

Fare thee well, tiltbillings and Ben. May you meet with good fortune!

Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:03 am

tiltbillings wrote:I forwarded this to Ben, who will no longer be posting here.

I think he'll be back too. ;)
"My religion is very simple - my religion is ice-cream."
Dairy Lama

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:32 am

Greetings Spiny,

Spiny Norman wrote:I think he'll be back too. ;)

Well, you've made one accurate prediction so far... let's hope your unbroken record in prophecy continues.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

“One to whom it might occur, ‘I’m a woman’ or ‘I’m a man’. Or ‘I’m anything at all’— Is fit for Mara to address.” (SN 5.2)

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:54 am

Paul Davy wrote:Greetings Spiny,

Well, you've made one accurate prediction so far... let's hope your unbroken record in prophecy continues.

Metta,

Special Spiny Powers. :tongue:
Dairy Lama

Modus.Ponens

Postby Modus.Ponens » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:22 am

Metta,

Indeed.
He turns his mind away from those phenomena, and having done so, inclines his mind to the property of deathlessness: 'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.'
(Jhana Sutta - Thanissaro Bhikkhu translation)

Aloka

Postby Aloka » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:24 am

For a number of years Ben and Tiltbillings have spent a lot of dedicated time and effort at Dhamma Wheel. I know from my own experience, that running an internet forum can sometimes be a thankless occupation in the wild and woolly internet realm,with its endless views and opinions. I hope that others here will appreciate that too.

I sincerely wish them both good health and happiness, always.

Last edited by Aloka on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Modus.Ponens

Postby Modus.Ponens » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:26 am

Spiny Norman wrote:

Metta,

Special Spiny Powers. :tongue:

When you're not disguised as Austin Powers I know your true form.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... YIQNDIp-F8
He turns his mind away from those phenomena, and having done so, inclines his mind to the property of deathlessness: 'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.'
(Jhana Sutta - Thanissaro Bhikkhu translation)

tiltbillings

Postby tiltbillings » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:28 am

Aloka wrote:For a number of years Ben and Tiltbillings have spent a lot of dedicated time and effort at Dhamma Wheel. I know from my own experience, that running an internet forum can sometimes be a thankless occupation in the wild and woolly internet realm,with its endless views and opinions.

Thanks, and I have appreciated your efforts over the years in looking out for the welfare of DW.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<<
      -- Proverbs 26:12

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:54 am

Modus.Ponens wrote:When you're not disguised as Austin Powers I know your true form.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... YIQNDIp-F8

It's my employer you should be worried about. :tongue:

Dairy Lama

Aloka

Postby Aloka » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:11 am

tiltbillings wrote:
Aloka wrote:For a number of years Ben and Tiltbillings have spent a lot of dedicated time and effort at Dhamma Wheel. I know from my own experience, that running an internet forum can sometimes be a thankless occupation in the wild and woolly internet realm,with its endless views and opinions.

Thanks, and I have appreciated your efforts over the years in looking out for the welfare of DW.

Thank you for your kind words, Tilt.

The Thinker

Postby The Thinker » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:50 pm

tiltbillings wrote:
sattva wrote:Tilt, I want to thank you so much for all the work that you did here over the years. It couldn't have been easy. That you managed to keep your wit within all of this craziness says a lot about you. Ben, likewise, has always been a favorite of mine from E-Sangha days. In fact, I followed him here to ask a question of him when he was no longer spending much time at E-Sangha.
As Ben would say,
Kind regards,
sattva/louise

Thank you for the kind words. Your presence here has always been a good thing. I forwarded this to Ben, who will no longer be posting here.

Ben and yourself will be much missed , I found both of you most agreeable, I feel a little sad that Ben will no longer be posting on this forum, Hope you stay Tiltbillings, if not can you recommend any other forums, Zen etc?
"Watch your heart, observe. Be the observer, be the knower, not the condition" Ajahn Sumedho volume5 - The Wheel Of Truth

SarathW

Postby SarathW » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:33 am

And much, much thanks to Ben and Tiltbillings for their service as admin and moderators for the past several years. They have worked tirelessly in the formation of this forum too and in moderating duties and worked around the clock getting rid of spammers.

With that positive note Paul, I wish to welcome you back to the forum.
By the way, I never felt that you left the forum. :D
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

Return to “Announcements”