Gratitude Gathering - S.N.Goenka

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
being5

Gratitude Gathering - S.N.Goenka

Post by being5 »

Hello All,

Interested to know if anyone on this forum (or anyone you know) is planning to go to the Gratitude Gathering (details below).

being5

When Goenkaji remembers the early days of Vipassana his mind is filled with immense gratitude for all those who accepted the gift of Dhamma from him at that time. If they had not given him 10 invaluable days of their life in those early days, how could people from all over the world come to him today to learn Vipassana? This is the reason Goenkaji feels especially grateful to those who participated in the Vipassana courses in India in the first 10 years (from 1969 to 1979) and wishes to meet with them once again to personally express his gratitude in the Gratitude Gathering. Along with them, all teachers, senior assistant teachers, assistant teachers, children’s course teachers, trustees, Dhamma workers and meditators are also cordially invited for this gathering.

The event will occur on Sunday, 17th January 2010 at the Global Vipassana Pagoda, Mumbai. Please inform the registration committee if you plan to attend by sending your details to [email protected]
Ben

Re: Gratitude Gathering - S.N.Goenka

Post by Ben »

Thanks being5!
I won't be attending! Unfortunately, its a matter of affordability at a time of year when I'm not earning any money.
Though I think most of my VMC friends will be there!
metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
zavk

Re: Gratitude Gathering - S.N.Goenka

Post by zavk »

I would go if I could afford it..... Would be great to part of the event, to share one's merits with others.
With metta,
zavk