Forum back up and running again

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Ben

Re: Forum back up and running again

Post by Ben »

Thank you David for your tireless efforts.
Please do let us know if you need assistance with the financial costs of the upgrade.
With metta,
Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Ron-The-Elder

Post by Ron-The-Elder »

Ditto as to personal gratitude for your efforts in behalf of our community, David. :tongue:
What Makes an Elder? :
A head of gray hairs doesn't mean one's an elder. Advanced in years, one's called an old fool.
But one in whom there is truth, restraint, rectitude, gentleness,self-control, he's called an elder, his impurities disgorged, enlightened.
-Dhammpada, 19, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Ben wrote:Thank you David for your tireless efforts.
Please do let us know if you need assistance with the financial costs of the upgrade.
With metta,
Ben
Seconded. If the costs are high, let us contribute.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
rowboat

Post by rowboat »

If David is willing to relinquish ownership of the website to its members, collectively, I'd be more than happy to contribute a sum for its upkeep much greater than my individual share.
Rain soddens what is covered up,
It does not sodden what is open.
Therefore uncover what is covered
That the rain will not sodden it.
Ud 5.5
soapy3

Post by soapy3 »

David N. Snyder wrote:Sorry about the downtime. The site was moved to a different server and that caused some compatibility problems (all the server software was new and the forum software thought it was the old versions). Tomorrow I'll fix the colors and put back up the chat page.
Is the web board software now updated?
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Thanks for the kind words. We are still having some technical difficulties especially in regard to bringing Dharma Wheel (Mahayana) back up online as well as Dhamma Wiki. And then we need to bring back our logo and colors too in the near future. We are working on the issues.

Yes, in the future no doubt we will have some collective ownership of the Dhamma / Dharma related websites I run. I want them to continue after I pass away so in the future we could set up a board with directors, treasurer, etc. and ensure the sites will be maintained and run in accordance with spreading the Dhamma well into the future for succeeding generations. Thanks for your interest and willingness to contribute.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Sadhu!
One day you may be remembered as the modern day Dharmasoka.
:anjali:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

Under the avatars ... "Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006"
What's up with that?
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

pilgrim wrote:Under the avatars ... "Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006"
What's up with that?
We'll see about getting that removed. It was the security question when you first registered. We have changed the security question over the years so that is why you see different and wrong answers.
randall

Post by randall »

site looks great, thanks for all the hard work!
:toast:
Coyote

Post by Coyote »

Without this site along with other online resources there's no chance I'd be a Buddhist today. All your hard work is greatly appreciated.

:thumbsup:
"If beings knew, as I know, the results of giving & sharing, they would not eat without having given, nor would the stain of miserliness overcome their minds. Even if it were their last bite, their last mouthful, they would not eat without having shared."
Iti 26
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

Thank you sir. Dhammawheel is a treasure. :clap:
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
SDC

Post by SDC »

Thanks for all the hard work, David. Just my opinion: the current interface is the best we've had....and as Mike already said, it is running excellent on mobile.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

+1
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Thanks. Embedded videos are now back working.
Dhamma Wiki is back up online and running! That was the last of the main Dhamma sites to come back online as it had so much material on it for the new software and server to transfer.
I believe everything is back up online and running now and better than before. Remember those double editing tools above posts? Gone now.
And we also have a new Dhamma Wheel logo, one that looks more like the Dhamma rather than a ship's wheel. It was hard to find a good design that wasn't copyright protected, but now we found one.
Glad to hear it is more accessible with mobile devices too.

:group: