Thank you, and farewell...

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
manas

Thank you, and farewell...

Post by manas »

To anyone here who has ever given me personal support, encouragement, and especially explanation or clarification of the Buddha Dhamma, I want to express my heartfelt thanks. My comprehension of the Buddha Dhamma grew so much from participating in this Forum. And the sublime teachings of the Buddha will continue to inform and inspire me for the rest of my life, this I sense and believe. But the time has come to move on...a few unpleasant things have happened to me here as well, not many but enough for me to just not feel the wonderful sense of belonging I once did. I have given this a lot of thought...and it's time to leave for good. But first, I wanted to post this message here.

May compassion, kindness and wisdom light your life always,
Andrew. :anjali:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
Kim OHara

Re: Thank you, and farewell...

Post by Kim OHara »

HI, manas,
I see you've been here four years. That's a long time - ages, in fact, in internet terms, and long enough in personal-development terms that it wouldn't be too surprising to find that the forum didn't match your needs as well as it used to. I will be sorry to see you go, however. You have been a valued member of the board, always very genuine in your interactions here.
I hope you stay close to the dhamma and, just as importantly, stay well and happy.

:namaste:
Kim
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Kim OHara wrote:HI, manas,
I see you've been here four years. That's a long time - ages, in fact, in internet terms, and long enough in personal-development terms that it wouldn't be too surprising to find that the forum didn't match your needs as well as it used to. I will be sorry to see you go, however. You have been a valued member of the board, always very genuine in your interactions here.
I hope you stay close to the dhamma and, just as importantly, stay well and happy.

:namaste:
Kim
Well said.

Fare well, manas.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Well said indeed. Be well, manas. And I hope to see you again sometime. :smile:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

manas wrote: May compassion, kindness and wisdom light your life always,
Andrew. :anjali:
Good luck on your continuing journey. :smile:
Buddha save me from new-agers!
James the Giant

Post by James the Giant »

You're cool Manas, thank you for your help and input here, and I will definitely see you around Australia some time.
If you even bump into a tall western monk named Tibbo, that'll be me.
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11