Spam attack

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
tiltbillings

Spam attack

Post by tiltbillings »

As some of you have seen, we just underwent a spam attack primarily from eastern China. Tagging these "msgs" with the report function is appreciated in that it helps to quickly identify the offending msgs. Thanks.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
tiltbillings

Re: Spam attack

Post by tiltbillings »

Just to let you know: this spam attack is continuing. We will do our best to keep this crap off the forum, but there will be times when there will be no moderator online. Tagging the offending "msgs' with the report function with help. Thanks.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
purple planet

Re: Spam attack

Post by purple planet »

I have wrote this when i reported spam - but not sure you guys got it so -

In case its simple to do - i think it will help that when i report the "reason" will be on spam instead of "personal attack" - i think that even if you get more of the "personal attack" kind of report - to each individual the chance for someone to report multiple time about spam are bigger then reporting on personal attacks