Trip to Burma and Kathina offering

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
SayalayMaCandasobha

Trip to Burma and Kathina offering

Post by SayalayMaCandasobha »

Dear all,

I continue here the topic on the trip to Burma and the Kathina offering
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.ph ... 83#p201883" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

to let you know that those who would like to join for this travel are much welcome.
The program will be posted later on.

With metta
Ben

Re: Trip to Burma and Kathina offering

Post by Ben »

Wow, I wish I could attend!
What an incredible opportunity.
I encourage all those who have the volition to join this group.
with metta,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
SayalayMaCandasobha

Yes, indeed Ben, it is a very rare and precious opportunity to do kusala, wholesome deeds and develop pāramī, perfections or spiritual qualities of nobles ones!

And we would like to help in particular Western Buddhist practitioners to perform dāna, generosity/ giving as part of the spiritual practice.
Some may be mostly inclined to practice meditation, engage in dhamma reflection and discussion, but may neglect or not fully understand the great value of practicing generosity and giving, (and service and helping). It doesn’t come so naturally (as it is for traditional Asian Buddhist) – at least for most beginners on the Path.

So we wish that this trip and kathina offering may be an opportunity to practice generosity, and at the same time mettā, loving-kindness; and that it may help to develop and nourish saddhā, faith and confidence.

With mettā
Ben

Post by Ben »

I agree Venerable.
When I was in Myanmar eighteen months ago I tagged a short pilgrimage tour on both ends of a one month meditation retreat. Still, I wish I had offered more food and requisites to the Sangha during my stay. And it is now one of the fundamental motivations to return to Myanmar.
with metta,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
SayalayMaCandasobha

Sādhu 3X

With much muditā