Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
squizzlebizzle
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:48 am

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by squizzlebizzle » Wed May 08, 2019 12:02 am

Pondera wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:51 pm
Squizzle Bizzle

I wouldn’t recommend messing with your chakras. Your root chakra is at your root for a reason. And your heart chakra is the same. “Drawing” energy from your root to your heart - I think that’s a recipe for disaster.

How often do you masturbate? How often do you look at porn? If you do at all, I’d recommend stopping all together. Your wife will thank you.

Keep in mind - if you’re newly married - get it while you can. After ten years, believe me, it will slow down. And just bust a nut, man.

If you can practice restraint from porn and masturbation, then busting a nut three times a week during intercourse is just giving your self a treat. Or five times a week. I don’t know how active you are.

In other words. Give up. Practice normal marital relations, don’t jerk off, don’t look at porn - and search for the real “pleasure” - meditative pleasure.

Why do you think this is a recipe for disaster?

I don't masturbate or watch porn at all.

form
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:23 am

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by form » Wed May 08, 2019 2:52 am

Pondera wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:51 pm
Squizzle Bizzle

I wouldn’t recommend messing with your chakras. Your root chakra is at your root for a reason. And your heart chakra is the same. “Drawing” energy from your root to your heart - I think that’s a recipe for disaster.

How often do you masturbate? How often do you look at porn? If you do at all, I’d recommend stopping all together. Your wife will thank you.

Keep in mind - if you’re newly married - get it while you can. After ten years, believe me, it will slow down. And just bust a nut, man.

If you can practice restraint from porn and masturbation, then busting a nut three times a week during intercourse is just giving your self a treat. Or five times a week. I don’t know how active you are.

In other words. Give up. Practice normal marital relations, don’t jerk off, don’t look at porn - and search for the real “pleasure” - meditative pleasure.
The practice of lovingkindness in meditation is drawing energy from root chakras to the heart chakras. The energy in the seven factors of enlightenment came from the root chakras. The problem with premature awakening of the root chakras is that certain memories that are repressed to protect the psyche are released when the person cannot accept those. Can have serious consequences.

User avatar
Pondera
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by Pondera » Wed May 08, 2019 5:37 am

squizzlebizzle wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:02 am
Pondera wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:51 pm
Squizzle Bizzle

I wouldn’t recommend messing with your chakras. Your root chakra is at your root for a reason. And your heart chakra is the same. “Drawing” energy from your root to your heart - I think that’s a recipe for disaster.

How often do you masturbate? How often do you look at porn? If you do at all, I’d recommend stopping all together. Your wife will thank you.

Keep in mind - if you’re newly married - get it while you can. After ten years, believe me, it will slow down. And just bust a nut, man.

If you can practice restraint from porn and masturbation, then busting a nut three times a week during intercourse is just giving your self a treat. Or five times a week. I don’t know how active you are.

In other words. Give up. Practice normal marital relations, don’t jerk off, don’t look at porn - and search for the real “pleasure” - meditative pleasure.

Why do you think this is a recipe for disaster?

I don't masturbate or watch porn at all.
Well, the root chakra is a “red” energy for starters. What would compel you to transfer “red” energy into a green space?

My advice, feel free to open your root chakra as much as possible - just don’t force the chakra into another one. I haven’t tried doing this - so I don’t know. If you’re reading elsewhere that such practice is beneficial - well. By all means. My recommendation - leave the chakras where they are.

Don’t masturbate or look at porn? Good for you. That’s one less obstacle you have to address. I don’t either. My point?

I’ll share something with you. I was intimate with my wife one day and I was focusing on my root chakra. Out of nowhere I had about ten or fifteen orgasms in a row without any emission. It was pretty amazing. But sex is just sex. There are far more pleasant feelings to pursue. And Theravada promotes them.

Don’t worry about the sex too much. You don’t have to be a semen expert to benefit from the tipikata.
What is “rupa” Jhāna? Here are four simple meditations on earth, water, fire, and wind - leading to tranquility and pleasure, rapture and equanimity - peacehttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1sdgpi ... hIz3wgz7ep

User avatar
Pondera
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by Pondera » Wed May 08, 2019 5:40 am

form wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:52 am
Pondera wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:51 pm
Squizzle Bizzle

I wouldn’t recommend messing with your chakras. Your root chakra is at your root for a reason. And your heart chakra is the same. “Drawing” energy from your root to your heart - I think that’s a recipe for disaster.

How often do you masturbate? How often do you look at porn? If you do at all, I’d recommend stopping all together. Your wife will thank you.

Keep in mind - if you’re newly married - get it while you can. After ten years, believe me, it will slow down. And just bust a nut, man.

If you can practice restraint from porn and masturbation, then busting a nut three times a week during intercourse is just giving your self a treat. Or five times a week. I don’t know how active you are.

In other words. Give up. Practice normal marital relations, don’t jerk off, don’t look at porn - and search for the real “pleasure” - meditative pleasure.
The practice of lovingkindness in meditation is drawing energy from root chakras to the heart chakras. The energy in the seven factors of enlightenment came from the root chakras. The problem with premature awakening of the root chakras is that certain memories that are repressed to protect the psyche are released when the person cannot accept those. Can have serious consequences.
I have my own opinions too. So I would ask; is this in your opinion? What sutta references do you have to support that loving kindness comes from the root. I think you’re right partially (or in one degree) - but really; what is this except for personal opinion? Tell me more. Maybe I’ll understand.
What is “rupa” Jhāna? Here are four simple meditations on earth, water, fire, and wind - leading to tranquility and pleasure, rapture and equanimity - peacehttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1sdgpi ... hIz3wgz7ep

form
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:23 am

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by form » Wed May 08, 2019 7:22 am

Pondera wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:40 am
form wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:52 am
Pondera wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:51 pm
Squizzle Bizzle

I wouldn’t recommend messing with your chakras. Your root chakra is at your root for a reason. And your heart chakra is the same. “Drawing” energy from your root to your heart - I think that’s a recipe for disaster.

How often do you masturbate? How often do you look at porn? If you do at all, I’d recommend stopping all together. Your wife will thank you.

Keep in mind - if you’re newly married - get it while you can. After ten years, believe me, it will slow down. And just bust a nut, man.

If you can practice restraint from porn and masturbation, then busting a nut three times a week during intercourse is just giving your self a treat. Or five times a week. I don’t know how active you are.

In other words. Give up. Practice normal marital relations, don’t jerk off, don’t look at porn - and search for the real “pleasure” - meditative pleasure.
The practice of lovingkindness in meditation is drawing energy from root chakras to the heart chakras. The energy in the seven factors of enlightenment came from the root chakras. The problem with premature awakening of the root chakras is that certain memories that are repressed to protect the psyche are released when the person cannot accept those. Can have serious consequences.
I have my own opinions too. So I would ask; is this in your opinion? What sutta references do you have to support that loving kindness comes from the root. I think you’re right partially (or in one degree) - but really; what is this except for personal opinion? Tell me more. Maybe I’ll understand.
Sure. We hv our own views. U will not be able to find chakras theories in the entire Theravada literature. The source I am talking about came from theosophy sources.

budo
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by budo » Wed May 08, 2019 11:08 am

Volo wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:45 am
So, you want to engage in sexual intercourse without emitting semen. I think this should be possible. But what does retention of semen have to do with elimination of sexual desire?
MN 22 wrote:“Bhikkhus, that one can engage in sensual pleasures without sensual desires, without perceptions of sensual desire, without thoughts of sensual desire — that is impossible.
Zom wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:55 pm
There is nothing wrong with having sex with your spouse if you are a householder, so why complicate things?
Because newcomers typically don't know what is Gradual Practice. Putting cart before the horse is their everything 8-)
Just stumbled onto this sutta:

“Sir, Ānanda, how on earth are we supposed to understand the teaching taught by the Buddha, when the chaste and the unchaste are both reborn in exactly the same place in the next life? My father Purāṇa was celibate, set apart, avoiding the common practice of sex. When he passed away the Buddha declared that he was a once-returner, who was reborn in the company of the Joyful Gods. But my uncle Isidatta was not celibate; he lived content with his wife. When he passed away the Buddha declared that he was also a once-returner, who was reborn in the company of the Joyful Gods.

How on earth are we supposed to understand the teaching taught by the Buddha, when the chaste and the unchaste are both reborn in exactly the same place in the next life?”

“You’re right, sister, but that’s how the Buddha declared it.”

Then Ānanda, after receiving almsfood at Migasālā’s house, rose from his seat and left. Then after the meal, on his return from alms-round, Ānanda went to the Buddha, bowed, sat down to one side, and told him what had happened.

“Ānanda, who is this laywoman Migasālā, a foolish incompetent matron, with a matron’s wit? And who is it that knows how to assess individuals?

These ten people are found in the world. What ten? Take a certain person who is unethical. And they don’t truly understand the freedom of heart and freedom by wisdom where that unethical conduct ceases without anything left over. And they’ve not listened or learned or comprehended theoretically or found even temporary freedom. When their body breaks up, after death, they’re headed for a lower place, not a higher. They’re going to a lower place, not a higher.

Take a certain person who is unethical. But they truly understand the freedom of heart and freedom by wisdom where that unethical conduct ceases without anything left over. And they have listened and learned and comprehended theoretically and found at least temporary freedom. When their body breaks up, after death, they’re headed for a higher place, not a lower. They’re going to a higher place, not a lower.

Judgmental people compare them, saying: ‘This one has just the same qualities as the other, so why is one worse and one better?’ This will be for their lasting harm and suffering.

In this case, the person who is unethical, but truly understands the freedom of heart … and has listened and learned and comprehended theoretically and found at least temporary freedom is better and finer than the other person. Why is that? Because the stream of the teaching carries them along. But who knows the difference between them except a Realized One? So, Ānanda, don’t be judgmental about people. Don’t pass judgment on people. Those who pass judgment on people harm themselves. I, or someone like me, may pass judgment on people.


The sutta then continues with different case scenarios with ethics and hindrances
If Isidatta had achieved Purāṇa’s level of ethical conduct, Purāṇa could not have even known Isidatta’s destination. And if Purāṇa had achieved Isidatta’s level of wisdom, Isidatta could not have even known Purāṇa’s destination. So both individuals were lacking in one respect.”
- AN 10.75

User avatar
AgarikaJ
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by AgarikaJ » Wed May 08, 2019 2:11 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:34 am
The raunchy stories in the Vinaya (Monks Rules) appear to be exaggerations.
Could you enlighten us how you came to this conclusion?

I would have rather thought that the Buddha would not have had the need to exaggerate circumstances just to establish another Vinaya rule; it would have, in my humble opinion, severely damaged his trustworthiness and moral standing with those people *who actually witnessed the examples and were then asked to adjust their group behaviour*, a.k.a. his close disciples.

As such I assume that those "raunchy stories" give a pretty accurate picture how sexual and violent infringements were widespread and common within the cultural surroundings of the Buddha -- hence the need for a clear and highly developed moral theory which separates Buddhism from all current religions known to me (for example surpassing the childish 'point-based' sin-and-absolution system of Christianity by miles).
The teaching is a lake with shores of ethics, unclouded, praised by the fine to the good.
There the knowledgeable go to bathe, and cross to the far shore without getting wet.
[SN 7.21]

frank k
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by frank k » Wed May 08, 2019 5:23 pm

squizzlebizzle wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:48 am
The idea that "energy is lost" due to lustful thoughts, more than due to ejaculation, is something I've only heard from you. I have never seen the Buddha say that the problem with craving is energy drain from the body. That sounds very incorrect to me.

In any case, withholding ejaculation is *exercising control* over lustful thoughts. In other words, ejaculation control is also lust control. If you are saying that we should have maximum control over lust, while having no restraint over ejaculation, then it is like saying you should have maximum control over your health while having no restraint over what you eat.
You just keep on doing what you're doing then.
You'll get what you deserve in the form of long term health issues that will ripen later in life when you need them the least.

You didn't read what I read carefully, and perhaps what I wrote was too terse and needs more explanation. But with your attitude I'm not going to bother trying to clarify.
www.lucid24.org/sted : ☸Lucid24.org🐘 STED definitions
www.audtip.org/audtip: 🎙️🔊Audio Tales in Pāli: ☸Dharma and Vinaya in many languages

User avatar
TLCD96
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by TLCD96 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:43 pm

A little more than a year ago I was engaging in sexual activity - but not sex - with my ex-girlfriend, and while we both were under the impression that it was somehow more spiritually beneficial, I think it might have been better to not do it at all. It was beneficial only to the extent that we didn't go too deep into it, and saved ourselves from making that kind of karma.

That said, it was still karma based on lust, and what that means now is that any thoughts of lust are made stronger and more enticing by memories of the things we did - among other things.

There is nothing wrong with engaging in sexual activity with your wife in this context, and you can live a wholesome life while doing so, but the fact is that engaging in sensual desire makes practice harder than it needs to be. Ideally it would be best to start working towards letting it go if you have the aspiration for something like stream entry.
All of us are bound by birth, aging, and death.

User avatar
DooDoot
Posts: 5959
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by DooDoot » Thu May 09, 2019 1:54 am

AgarikaJ wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:11 pm
I would have rather thought that the Buddha would not have had the need to exaggerate circumstances....
My impression is the Buddha did not speak all of the Vinaya. Possibly, you could start a topic about the evolution of Vinaya. Kind regards
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati

User avatar
Pondera
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by Pondera » Fri May 10, 2019 3:22 am

form wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:22 am
Pondera wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:40 am
form wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:52 am


The practice of lovingkindness in meditation is drawing energy from root chakras to the heart chakras. The energy in the seven factors of enlightenment came from the root chakras. The problem with premature awakening of the root chakras is that certain memories that are repressed to protect the psyche are released when the person cannot accept those. Can have serious consequences.
I have my own opinions too. So I would ask; is this in your opinion? What sutta references do you have to support that loving kindness comes from the root. I think you’re right partially (or in one degree) - but really; what is this except for personal opinion? Tell me more. Maybe I’ll understand.
Sure. We hv our own views. U will not be able to find chakras theories in the entire Theravada literature. The source I am talking about came from theosophy sources.
The Buddha did talk about these four totalities: the red, blue, yellow, and white totalities - external and unbounded (infinite in other words). He does not talk about where in the body the totalities make contact. But, if you believe in Chakras - the answer is quite simple.

What the OP is hinting at is the Kundalini method of opening the root chakra completely and then moving the energy up to the third eye (I think that’s how the method works). People with Kundalini awakening are known for going psychotic and ending up on psych wards.

Based on word of mouth, I would personally avoid Kundalini and I would advise others to also.

But I think opening the root chakra is the way to experience the red totality.

And then if you open your heart up a bit - the earth totality comes streaming in through the body. I think those two things are the source of rapture and pleasure. The earth totality brings rapture to the body - helps open the root chakra - and from there you get pleasure (along with serenity and tranquility).

Just my opinion.
What is “rupa” Jhāna? Here are four simple meditations on earth, water, fire, and wind - leading to tranquility and pleasure, rapture and equanimity - peacehttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1sdgpi ... hIz3wgz7ep

2600htz
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by 2600htz » Thu May 16, 2019 5:31 pm

Hello:

Personally i think the practice of being semen retentive while having sex is foolish :tongue: .
Its like being addicted to gambling, and commiting to the practice of visiting casinos, but without playing.
Its a waste of effort and energy. I don´t say there is absolutely nothing to learn, but you would gain a lot more just taking 8 precepts at Uposatha days, or once every week.

Regards.

squizzlebizzle
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:48 am

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by squizzlebizzle » Fri May 17, 2019 3:07 am

2600htz wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:31 pm
Hello:

Personally i think the practice of being semen retentive while having sex is foolish :tongue: .
Its like being addicted to gambling, and commiting to the practice of visiting casinos, but without playing.
Its a waste of effort and energy. I don´t say there is absolutely nothing to learn, but you would gain a lot more just taking 8 precepts at Uposatha days, or once every week.

Regards.
Thank you for sharing your perspective :)

squizzlebizzle
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:48 am

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by squizzlebizzle » Fri May 17, 2019 3:08 am

Pondera wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:22 am
form wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:22 am
Pondera wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:40 am


I have my own opinions too. So I would ask; is this in your opinion? What sutta references do you have to support that loving kindness comes from the root. I think you’re right partially (or in one degree) - but really; what is this except for personal opinion? Tell me more. Maybe I’ll understand.
Sure. We hv our own views. U will not be able to find chakras theories in the entire Theravada literature. The source I am talking about came from theosophy sources.
The Buddha did talk about these four totalities: the red, blue, yellow, and white totalities - external and unbounded (infinite in other words). He does not talk about where in the body the totalities make contact. But, if you believe in Chakras - the answer is quite simple.

What the OP is hinting at is the Kundalini method of opening the root chakra completely and then moving the energy up to the third eye (I think that’s how the method works). People with Kundalini awakening are known for going psychotic and ending up on psych wards.

Based on word of mouth, I would personally avoid Kundalini and I would advise others to also.

But I think opening the root chakra is the way to experience the red totality.

And then if you open your heart up a bit - the earth totality comes streaming in through the body. I think those two things are the source of rapture and pleasure. The earth totality brings rapture to the body - helps open the root chakra - and from there you get pleasure (along with serenity and tranquility).

Just my opinion.
This is quite interesting. May I ask,

>The Buddha did talk about these four totalities: the red, blue, yellow, and white totalities - external and unbounded (infinite in other words).

Where did he talk about this? could you name a sutta? i would like to read it

> People with Kundalini awakening are known for going psychotic and ending up on psych wards.

I would love to read about this, could you tell a place where I can read it?

squizzlebizzle
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:48 am

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by squizzlebizzle » Fri May 17, 2019 3:13 am

Pondera wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:37 am
squizzlebizzle wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:02 am
Pondera wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:51 pm
Squizzle Bizzle

I wouldn’t recommend messing with your chakras. Your root chakra is at your root for a reason. And your heart chakra is the same. “Drawing” energy from your root to your heart - I think that’s a recipe for disaster.

How often do you masturbate? How often do you look at porn? If you do at all, I’d recommend stopping all together. Your wife will thank you.

Keep in mind - if you’re newly married - get it while you can. After ten years, believe me, it will slow down. And just bust a nut, man.

If you can practice restraint from porn and masturbation, then busting a nut three times a week during intercourse is just giving your self a treat. Or five times a week. I don’t know how active you are.

In other words. Give up. Practice normal marital relations, don’t jerk off, don’t look at porn - and search for the real “pleasure” - meditative pleasure.

Why do you think this is a recipe for disaster?

I don't masturbate or watch porn at all.
Well, the root chakra is a “red” energy for starters. What would compel you to transfer “red” energy into a green space?

My advice, feel free to open your root chakra as much as possible - just don’t force the chakra into another one. I haven’t tried doing this - so I don’t know. If you’re reading elsewhere that such practice is beneficial - well. By all means. My recommendation - leave the chakras where they are.

Don’t masturbate or look at porn? Good for you. That’s one less obstacle you have to address. I don’t either. My point?

I’ll share something with you. I was intimate with my wife one day and I was focusing on my root chakra. Out of nowhere I had about ten or fifteen orgasms in a row without any emission. It was pretty amazing. But sex is just sex. There are far more pleasant feelings to pursue. And Theravada promotes them.

Don’t worry about the sex too much. You don’t have to be a semen expert to benefit from the tipikata.

I have heard about non-ejaculatory orgasms but I've never attempted it. I think you are right. To attempt it would increase one's caring about it and ultimately we have to let go of sexual desire.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests