I am a gambler

Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
HighPaste6

Re: I am a gambler

Post by HighPaste6 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:33 pm

To be honest, I'm more interested in how well you trade. What is the profitability?

NancyV

Post by NancyV » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:54 am

Hi!
I think that gambling is not a good decision ...

polo

Post by polo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Why are you avoiding people and live like a hermit? Would be good to tell us the reason. Apart from the reason that you want to avoid people there must be other reason.
I don't see your problem really because I believe that if your gambling does not cause misery or harm to anyone(especially immediate family members). By that I mean It would be wrong if you lost money your sons or daughters go without foods or not being able to pay for their education.
If you are very very rich you have put aside money for the livelihood for your wife or children then your gambling couldn't possibly harm anybody.
Did you make any attempt to move away from gambling?(from the stock market)
Or have you try not to live like a hermit so you could get a normal job or have you even entertained that idea at all.
Is not much good talking on this forum if you have no intention to do anything to change the situation.
It would be nice to hear from other members on why gambling is bad as far as Buddhism is concerned. Buddhists even during Buddha's time could analyzed so many problems and explained them in such logical scientific ways are the reasons why I became a Buddhist. I was overwhelmed by the scientific and psychological aspects of Buddhism.