family with 3rd eye and school mates

Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
mario92

family with 3rd eye and school mates

Post by mario92 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:26 am

hi Dhamma wheel members, what should i do when i want to practice but when i start to intensify my practice of meditation, my family start to mistreat me, i also work in the house and helping my father, i acted normal out of my room, but when i get in my room in night i start to practice meditation, also in the morning, waking up, even without others knowing, my family start to became angry with me, with no reason, or sometimes i did something stupid but they didnt knew it with their physical eyes or ears. even though i still like speak and act like always. Somethimes they want me to enjoy sense pleaures, but i can not get further than that determination. I went to a trip with them and i had to eat potatoes, and many sweets, so all my aspirations came down, because i think the trip would cool them. I feel that education in buddhism is difficult towards them. Even when i think criticising them, or read buddhism, or even the bible, they know it, sometimes i think that i can read something useful by myself and they would knew it, like as it would be speech, they know what im thinking, saying something similar later, like using the same word, or changing their behaviour after thinking that, etc. I think is the only way i would feel satisfied with those standards of self control. So back those days, i cant find my way out of sense pleaures in a sincere way, i wanted to be, because i think self control gives me more happiness. also had a similar experience with a girl of my classroom that sent me toughts of cheering, i couldnt stop thinking of her for some time, i think she knew how i behave in my house and what i did without being in that place. Last days i did my best determination to do lots of good things, but i couldnt suceed with all this things i mentioned above, specially family standards, and some angry occasions :embarassed: .

Does someone had a similar experience?
Good morning, have a nice day

Garrib

Re: family with 3rd eye and school mates

Post by Garrib » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:53 am

I'm not sure I understood everything, but I think I can say that Yes, I have had similar experiences. My family also does not always appreciate my interest in Buddhist practice. A couple of years ago I was seriously flirting with the idea of ordaining, and when I got up the courage to express this wish to my parents, they were upset...Eventually, I made the decision to pursue some more worldly ambitions (grad school/career stuff), and they were happy with that.
However, I still am serious about practice and study, and yes I can tell that it affects them (though not ALWAYS in a negative way). I have just learned to live with this - what can you do?

We have a very close connection with our parents and siblings and so on...I also do sometimes experience the kinds of "synchronicities" I think you are describing (sometimes related to involuntary telepathic communication)...I have become so used to these things, they do not strike me as extraordinary anymore. But you should keep watch over your mind and try to maintain wholesome thoughts!!...

Be kind to your family, help move them towards the Dhamma if you can (this takes time), but not in a forceful way...Just encourage them to do good things, keep your precepts, and continue practicing/studying...Maybe try to observe Uposotha days (to limit sensual indulgence)??

Karuna,

Brad

mario92

Post by mario92 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:23 am

thank you Brad :), nice to meet your experiences, i hopefully expect to end studies in 3 weeks, this is my last semester, and then graduation title, if nothing extraordinary happens :P hehe. I expect to be less stressed after that, and some extra time to something better like work, and then i dont know :) .

manas

Post by manas » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:02 am

Hello,
I solve such issues, by keeping my faith and practice to myself. I only share it, if specifically asked. If you can respect their faith/s (or lack thereof), they can respect yours.

It can be tempting to want to talk about something wonderful you have found, but over the years, I've learned it is better not to, for my own peace of mind, and thus ability to practice. Arguing people will only disturb your practice.
:anjali:
Knowing this body is like a clay jar,
securing this mind like a fort,
attack Mara with the spear of discernment,
then guard what's won without settling there,
without laying claim.

- Dhp 40

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:51 am

Hi Mario
This is Mara's intervention.
How old are you?
What stop are you making your own decessions?
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

mario92

Post by mario92 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:49 am

Hi thanks you sarath, i don't have a Good work with my current boss (my father) he could Even know What i post here. I got new problems since i graduate from school, i have help him because he is indebted with many people. Because of that i can not earn money constantly. Sometimes he gives me work while other times don't, sometimes he gives me too much few money, so i can't Survive and eat or buy appropriate food, i don't know if it is only bad kamma. I was looking for work in another place and he began to Pay me more. Etc, also the devaluation of my work and Paying less is the problem. I can not be self dependent economicly. I'm 25 Years old, thank you sarath. :P