Should starbucks allow non- customers to use restrooms and seating?

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.

Should starbucks allow non- customers to use restrooms and seating?

1. absolutely they should. Starbucks is a public place.
16%
2.No. toilets and seating should be for paying customers.
26%
3. If they are not busy, it is fine. But it seens unfair if paying customers cant get a seat or have to lineup for the toilet while it is being used by non- customers.
37%
4. yes. and starbucks should also provide simple beds and showers so that homeless people have a refuge
21%

Total votes: 19

Dinsdale

Re: Should starbucks allow non- customers to use restrooms and seating?

Post by Dinsdale » Sat May 26, 2018 8:45 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:24 pm
That's why I support successful, heroic leaders whose economic policies support the establishment of "full employment", so that there can be a job for anyone who wants one.
Hmm. Minimum wage jobs, and zero-hours contracts seem to be the result.
Buddha save me from new-agers!

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Sat May 26, 2018 10:08 am

Justsit wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:48 pm
Question for those who do not live in the US - in general, does your country have public restrooms available?
I live in London and the borough where I live has a few (not many) public toilets, which are run by the local council and are free to use. There is also a "Community toilet scheme" which means certain shops and other organizations/businesses have agreed to allow the public to use their facilities.

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Sat May 26, 2018 10:09 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:00 am

Many non-leftists no longer frequent Starbucks due to their policies and promotions.
In the UK that would be leftists.

Justsit

Post by Justsit » Sat May 26, 2018 7:48 pm

Mr Man wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:08 am
Justsit wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:48 pm
Question for those who do not live in the US - in general, does your country have public restrooms available?
I live in London and the borough where I live has a few (not many) public toilets, which are run by the local council and are free to use. There is also a "Community toilet scheme" which means certain shops and other organizations/businesses have agreed to allow the public to use their facilities.
Interesting, thanks for your reply. I remember seeing pissoirs the first time I visited Paris, and was a bit shocked (this was many years ago). I don't recall seeing them in any other country, though.

In the US there used to be public restrooms, but they've pretty much disappeared, as they became sites for criminal activities of various kinds. It is not at all unusual to stop to use the restroom of a restaurant such as McDonalds when traveling without making a purchase. In fact, many have an entry door close to the rest room to decrease the foot traffic through the eating area. Rest stops on major highways and many local convenience stores now have restrooms open to the public. Otherwise, if for example you are visiting New York City and don't have a hotel room, good luck finding a restroom without entering a business.