POMPEO is in Saudi Today: his interesting message

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Kamran

Re: POMPEO is in Saudi Today: his interesting message

Post by Kamran » Fri May 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Sam Vara wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 5:11 pm
Bundokji wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 4:59 pm
I can assure you that my exchange with you was not intended to be sharing my world view about the Middle East, speculative psychology, 20th Century history, Trump's track record, kamma, etc

Most of my replies was an attempt to add context/meaning to a general rule (your original point) because i felt that without context, it can lead to the wrong conclusion. I also tried to rely on less controversial information, i have not used any videos from opposing media outlets to demonize Trump. What you describe as "speculative psychology" or "pop psychology" was merely sharing my thoughts and why i hold such a conclusion that Trump is morally reckless.

Having a discussion between people involves the possibility of convincing each other, but if my style of discussion appeared to be imposing my views on you, then i apologize.

I have no shame in admitting that some of my replies might be emotional because i find it closer to the truth (as i see it). Indeed, in a completely objective world (if such a thing exists) the use of force is not necessarily less preferable than the use of leniency.

If you found most of my replies irrelevant to your original point, then there is nothing i can do about it except thanking you for having this discussion.

Peace :anjali:
Well, for not using the usual range of anti-Trump videos, you have my sincere gratitude! You weren't imposing your views at all, Bundokji. Nor is there any shame about being emotional. I merely found it irrelevant, but that doesn't reflect badly on you at all. Likewise, I thank you for the discussion.

:anjali:
A good example would be discarding the Iran Nuclear deal. Iran gave up everything in return for getting rid of sanctions, but US, despite signing the deal and Iranian compliance still imposes sanctions.

Short of killing their nuclear scientists there is nothing else iran can do with regards to nuclear compliance.
"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

Bundokji

Post by Bundokji » Tue May 08, 2018 6:34 pm

Trump withdrew from the deal
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Tue May 08, 2018 8:09 pm

Bundokji wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:34 pm
Turn on my computer & it has about twenty messages from Haaretz . Insane.
Israeli military believes Iran planning imminent attack, opens public shelters in north

CNN: Pentagon concerned about Iran preparing strike against Israel

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.pr ... -1.6071960

:roll:
Traveler8 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 11:45 pm
And this is how liberated Aleppo looks like:
This is how a liberated Aleppo from Saudi Jihadists looks like: :smile:

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Traveler8 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:23 pm
If Sunnis were against the Syrian govt, it would be overthrown; similar to how
I'm not into partisanship, so my opinions are not in line with any kind of propaganda. I can agree with either side or none depending on the situation. Meanwhile, what you're writing is completely in line with Russian propaganda, not deviating in the slightest.
:goodpost:
You are new to the forum, this is no secret to anyone who has been here for a while. DootDot is highly supportive of Russia wars in Ukraine, Georgia, Grozni, Rep. Moldova, etc. yet claims to be against war and imperialism. He was even against the iranian protests and claimed religious dictatorship is good for iran because Sharia law is much better for society than western way of living and called it "great islamic wisdom". Yet, he is against sharia law when it comes to the saudis or rebels or etc. He is always posting RussiaToday, Sputnik, PressTV etc. videos and is highly indocrinated into russian propaganda.

As you've said, there is not a single idea in his head that is not in line with russian propaganda, not even by an inch.

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Tue May 08, 2018 11:08 pm

Bundokji wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:34 pm
Looks like Iran won't be provoked, though.

"Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said Tuesday that his government remains committed to a nuclear deal with world powers, despite the U.S. decision to withdraw"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mi ... 5245b7d5e7

Who wants peace and who wants war ?
"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Tue May 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:25 pm
Traveler8 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:23 pm
I'm not into partisanship, so my opinions are not in line with any kind of propaganda. I can agree with either side or none depending on the situation. Meanwhile, what you're writing is completely in line with Russian propaganda, not deviating in the slightest.
:goodpost:
The post was illogical & contradictory because it said:

1. "I'm not into partisanship".

2. "Meanwhile, what you're writing is completely in line with Russian propaganda".

To regard Russian media as "propaganda" is partisanship. :roll:

Personally, I am totally in partisanship, i.e., I am totally partial to what is moral. Defending a nation from foreign terrorism is moral.

Now the immoral lies & terrorism that breaches norms of International Law continues: :|
Syria Blames Israel for Strike Near Damascus; Target Was Iranian Missiles Aimed at Israel

■ Israel opens shelters, braces for imminent Iranian attack

■ Syria TV: Air defenses down Israeli missiles

■ Israel military calls up some reserves

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.pr ... gn=General
:alien:
Kamran wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:08 pm
Who wants peace and who wants war ?
Dhamma is hard enough to realise but those internet folk that can't discern simple good from evil have no hope, it seems. The Dhammapada says:
318. Those who imagine evil where there is none, and do not see evil where it is — upholding false views, they go to states of woe.

319. Those who discern the wrong as wrong and the right as right — upholding right views, they go to realms of bliss
Its pretty disappointing for me, as a Buddhist, that the posters on this forum that can see clearly in this matter appear to be two ex-Muslims.
Kamran wrote:
Looks like Iran won't be provoked, though. "Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said Tuesday that his government remains committed to a nuclear deal with world powers, despite the U.S. decision to withdraw"
While the Israelis replace ISIS in attacking Syria, obviously the Iranians aren't stupid enough to take the violent evil Israeli bait. Trump the Mafia Bully & Thug; firing missiles on a powerless nation. Obviously, Iran is much closer to the True Dhamma than Trump, which breaches every moral precept of human decency.

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:07 am

DooDoot wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:12 pm
I am totally partial to what is moral. Defending a nation from foreign terrorism is moral.
Not when it comes to Ukraine, Georgia, Rep. Moldova, Grozni, etc. Those are perfectly justified wars that have nothing to do with imperialism and foreign aggression. Not to mention how in line they are with international law and how incredibly moral they are. Refusing to renounce your collonies in 2018 and keeping them in abject povery, 8 times poorer than the poorest eastern european member of the EU + as corrupt as they get is also incredibly moral.

As for religious dictatorship and sharia law problems of Saudi Arabia... they are perfectly fine and are called "great islamic wisdom" when it comes to Iran. And people protesting religious dicatorship and sharia law are "influenced by foreign powers" in that case.

Bundokji

Post by Bundokji » Wed May 09, 2018 4:30 am

Kamran wrote:
Looks like Iran won't be provoked, though.
From my observations, Iran's policies have always been well calculated. Iran might continue to cooperate with the Europeans creating a rift between the US and its western allies.

However, there are hardliners in Iran as in any other country. There are reports that the head of the revolutionary guards General Suliamani is preparing a response against Israeli attacks against Iranian forces in Syria. The secretary general of Hizbullah Hassan Nasrallah ordered the redeployment of his fighters from Syria back to southern Lebanon.

The current events might further strengthen the relationship between Iran, Turkey and Russia over Syria. The US is currently blocking an arms deal with Turkey, and the Turks declared through their defense minister that there are other countries (Russia) where they can buy arms from.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed May 09, 2018 6:58 am

Circle5 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:07 am
Not when it comes to Ukraine, Georgia, Rep. Moldova, Grozni, etc.
Why keep repeating this, like a broken record? If it is primarily imperialism it is wrong. However, unfortunately, the USA breached the old agreement about not expanding NATO and military bases. The same with North Korea. If the USA did not conduct military war games near North Korea countless times in the past; North Korea probably could have reconciled with South Korea much sooner.
Circle5 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:07 am
As for religious dictatorship and sharia law problems of Saudi Arabia... they are perfectly fine and are called "great islamic wisdom" when it comes to Iran.
Why keep repeating this falsehood like a broken record? Iran & Saudi Arabia are miles apart; similar to you & me are miles apart in Dhamma, per SN 14.15. Also, Saudi Arabia is basically the 52nd State of the USA. If Iran & Saudi Arabia were the same, the USA, Israel & Saudi Arabia would not be ganging up upon & bullying Iran; the land of great historical civilisation & great hospitality. Please let us be logical & intelligent, here. Thanks :|
Islam is the state religion of Saudi Arabia and its law requires that all citizens should be Muslims. Public worship by adherents of religions other than Islam is forbidden. Any non-Muslim attempting to acquire Saudi Arabian nationality must convert to Islam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Saudi_Arabia
According to the CIA World Factbook, around 90–95% of Iranians associate themselves with the Shia branch of Islam, the official state religion, and about 5–10% with the Sunni and Sufi branches of Islam. The remaining 0.6% associate themselves with non-Islamic religious minorities, including Bahá'ís, Mandeans, Yarsanis, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians. The latter three minority religions are officially recognized and protected, and have reserved seats in the Iran parliament. Zoroastrianism was once the majority religion, though today Zoroastrians number only in the tens of thousand. Iran is home to the second largest Jewish community in the Muslim World and the Middle East. The two largest non-Muslim religious minorities in Iran are the Bahá'í Faith and Christianity. The Bahá'í Faith, historically the largest religious minority in Iran is not officially recognized, and has been persecuted during its existence in Iran [obviously for its disrespectful trouble making blasphemy]. Christianity, the largest non-Muslim minority religion that is recognized by the Iranian government, has the largest annual growth rate of all religions in Iran.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Iran
:roll: :geek:

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Sat May 12, 2018 9:10 am

Greetings DooDoot,
retrofuturist wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:22 am
There will be peace there [in Iran] too.
DooDoot wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:24 am
I am not sure what you have been smoking Paul but are you aware of what happened to Libya, particularly the human cost? The place was wrecked & continues to be a basket case. Sure, it might be at peace when it is extinct.
If "it" is the Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force, then maybe you're onto something...

United States and United Arab Emirates Disrupt Large Scale Currency Exchange Network Transferring Millions of Dollars to the IRGC-QF (May 10, 2018)
Today the United States and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) jointly took action to disrupt an extensive currency exchange network in Iran and the UAE that has procured and transferred millions in U.S. dollar-denominated bulk cash to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF) to fund its malign activities and regional proxy groups. Specifically, the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated nine Iranian individuals and entities. Iran’s Central Bank was complicit in the IRGC-QF’s scheme and actively supported this network’s currency conversion and enabled its access to funds that it held in its foreign bank accounts. This network of exchangers and couriers has converted hundreds of millions of dollars.

“The Iranian regime and its Central Bank have abused access to entities in the UAE to acquire U.S. dollars to fund the IRGC-QF’s malign activities, including to fund and arm its regional proxy groups, by concealing the purpose for which the U.S. dollars were acquired. As I said following the President’s announcement on Tuesday, we are intent on cutting off IRGC revenue streams wherever their source and whatever their destination. Today we are targeting Iranian individuals and front companies engaged in a large-scale currency exchange network that has procured and transferred millions to the IRGC-QF,” said Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin. “The Treasury Department thanks the UAE for its close collaboration on this matter. Countries around the world must be vigilant against Iran’s efforts to exploit their financial institutions to exchange currency and fund the nefarious actors of the IRGC-QF and the world’s largest state sponsor of terror.”
Swamp draining intensifies.
The prize is peace.
Even your Russian comrades are getting in on the act.

Russia, after Netanyahu visit, backs off Syria S-300 missile supplies
Russia is not in talks with the Syrian government about supplying advanced S-300 ground-to-air missiles and does not think they are needed, the Izvestia daily cited a top Kremlin aide as saying on Friday, in an apparent U-turn by Moscow.

The comments, by Vladimir Kozhin, an aide to President Vladimir Putin who oversees Russian military assistance to other countries, follow a visit to Moscow by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu this week, who has been lobbying Putin hard not to transfer the missiles.

Russia last month hinted it would supply the weapons to President Bashar al-Assad, over Israeli objections, after Western military strikes on Syria. Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said the strikes had removed any moral obligation Russia had to withhold the missiles and Russia’s Kommersant daily cited unnamed military sources as saying deliveries might begin imminently.

But Kozhin’s comments, released so soon after Netanyahu’s Moscow talks with Putin, suggest the Israeli leader’s lobbying efforts have, for the time being, paid off.
Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Sat May 12, 2018 11:18 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:10 am
Swamp draining intensifies.
Its difficult to comprehend exactly what was posted. Iran has a right to a defense force and Syria has the right to invite Iran to help them defend their nation. There are no Iranian "proxies". Please adhere to the truth that Iran has not made imperialist war against any nations. Iran fought a 10-year war against a US-supplied Iraq in the 1980s, where it was openly known Iraq used US chemical weapons. The Lebanese just voted in more Hezbollah reps than ever. Also, Israel allegedly has hundreds of nuclear weapons that are not subject to any international treaties. The post appears to be supporting the murdering of a defenseless Syrian people by foreign proxies. The impression of your posts, Paul , is you believe in Imperialism and Interventionism. Its an interesting Kool-Aid. :)

retrofuturist wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:10 am
Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin. “The Treasury Department thanks the UAE for its close collaboration on this matter. Countries around the world must be vigilant against Iran’s efforts to exploit their financial institutions to exchange currency and fund the nefarious actors of the IRGC-QF and the world’s largest state sponsor of terror.”
Evidence? Truth? Reality? Facts? Actual Events? :smile:

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Sat May 12, 2018 11:51 am

Fact of the matter is, if Trumps position propels us into a war with Iran, which is more than likely, then retro's position becomes a pro war position, which in my opinion it already is.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Sat May 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Sometimes there is a boy that gets bullied or a girl that is passed around as an object of sexual entertainment for many men. Once a boy or girl ends up in this situation, it becomes social acceptable to abuse them. Syria has become like this. Trump made it OK or the norm to attack Syria at will on trumped up non-substantiated allegations. Now Israel, without any criticism or censure, can overtly simply shoot missiles & rockets into Syria, as it has been doing. Trump has created this precedent.

Every place liberated by the Syrian govt has returned to normality but some folks are not willing to view the evidence.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Sat May 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Greetings Lyndon,
lyndon taylor wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:51 am
Fact of the matter is, if Trumps position propels us into a war with Iran, which is more than likely, then retro's position becomes a pro war position, which in my opinion it already is.
More senseless doom mongering. The Gulf Cooperation Council has got this sorted, and defeat of the corrupt Iranian mullahs is closer than the West realises. In the Middle East, Trump supports the GCC - not leads, but supports.

Besides, imagine speaking of a future Nobel Peace Prize winner's position in such disparaging terms. :lol:

Oh, and by Nobel Peace Prize winner, I mean one who has actually contributed to, facilitates and enabled world peace - not simply being the U.S.A.'s first half black president. 8-)

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Sat May 12, 2018 2:42 pm

SO you're claiming to be against war and at the same time calling for the overthrow of the Iranian government, typical right wing nonsense.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/