Armenian PM Sarkisian Resigns, Thousands Celebrate

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Zom

Re: Armenian PM Sarkisian Resigns, Thousands Celebrate

Post by Zom » Thu May 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Only thing I would add is that the term "collapse" that is generally used when reffering to the event makes it look like something bad. In reality, life improved dramatically for all warsaw pact member states due to swiching to capitalism after the 10 year transition period passed
Well, for Russia itself it was a collapse )
I can't find the source of the actual head American University Professor but I read it in Wikipedia about the US technocrats who designed Perestroika.
If you want Wiki, here is the passage: )

During the 1980s and 1990s the United States President George H. W. Bush pledged solidarity with Gorbachev, but never brought his administration into supporting Gorbachev's reform. In fact, "no bailout for Gorbachev" was a consistent policy line of the Bush Administration, further demonstrating the lack of true support from the West. President Bush had a financial policy to aid perestroika that was shaped by a minimalist approach, foreign-policy convictions that set Bush up against other U.S. internal affairs, and a frugal attitude, all influencing his unwillingness to aid Gorbachev. Other factors influenced the West's lack of aid as well like "the in-house Gorbi-skeptics" advocacy, the expert community's consensus about the undesirability of rushing U.S. aid to Gorbachev, and strong opposition to any bailout at many levels, including foreign-policy conservatives, the U.S. Congress, and the American public at large. The West seemed to miss an opportunity to help reform the Soviet regime into a more democracy-like society. The Soviets aided in the expansion of Western capitalism to allow for an inflow of Western investments, but the perestroika managers failed. President Bush had the opportunity to aid the Soviet Union in a chance to improve their government, like Harry S. Truman did for Western Europe.

Early on, as perestroika was getting under way, I felt like the West might come along and find it a sensible thing to do—easing Russia's difficult transition from totalitarianism to democracy. What I had in mind in the Preface iv first place, was the participation [of the West] in conversion of defense industries, the modernization of light and food industries, and Russia's inclusion on an equal-member footing in the frameworks of the international economic relations ... Unlike some democrats, I did not expect "manna from Heaven," but counted on the Western statesmen to use their common sense.[11]

President George H. Bush continued to dodge helping the Russians and the President of Czechoslovakia, Vaclav Havel, laid bare the linkage for the Americans in his address to a joint session of Congress on February 21, 1990:

... I often hear the question: How can the United States of America help us today? My reply is as paradoxical as the whole of my life has been: You can help us most of all if you help the Soviet Union on its irreversible, but immensely complicated road to democracy. ...[T]he sooner, the more quickly, and the more peacefully the Soviet Union begins to move along the road toward genuine political pluralism, respect for the rights of nations to their own integrity and to a working—that is a market—economy, the better it will be, not just for Czechs and Slovaks, but for the whole world.

When the United States needed help with Germany's reunification, Gorbachev proved to be instrumental in bringing solutions to the "German problem" and Bush acknowledged that "Gorbachev was moving the USSR in the right direction". Bush, in his own words, even gave praise to Gorbachev "to salute the man" in acknowledgment of the Soviet leader's role as "the architect of perestroika ... [who had] conducted the affairs of the Soviet Union with great restraint as Poland and Czechoslovakia and GDR ... and other countries [that had] achieved their independence," and who was "under extraordinary pressure at home, particularly on the economy."

Are you saying those original Oligarchs, who were all Jewish except for Vladimir Potanin (Boris Berezovsky, Mikhail Fridman, Vladimir Gusinsky, Mikhail Khodorkovsky, Vladimir Potanin, Alexander Smolensky, Pyotr Aven, Vladimir Vinogradov and Vitaly Malkin), came from the Communist Party and obtained the money they used to buy the State assets from within Russia?
They didn't need much money to buy all that - rather they captured it during privatization and (some through) criminal raids. And all of them are Russians, of course, and were born here, worked here, not in the West. And even if they took loans from abroad - this again means nothing and doesn't prove that someone from abroad told them what to do. This was their own "business".
I think you need to provide evidence that this did not occur. Your Hollywood ideas of "Perestroika" is too simplistic;
Quite otherwise. It is you who must prove conspiracy theories. So far I don't see you succeed much .)
The Buddha taught kamma can be changed. But by staying in Russia, you have decided to not change your past life kamma but instead, as Krishamurti taught, engage in a revolution within the prison.
As people say - Don't feed the troll 8-)

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Fri May 11, 2018 2:07 am

Zom wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:45 pm
As people say - Don't feed the troll
American Capitalism won't save you from Russian Capitalism. Its all the same Capitalism. The book Wall Street and the Russian Revolution: 1905-1925 is very well referenced. As for the video below, it says about the post-Soviet Oligarchs at 1:35: "This is capitalism at its rudest & purist". Anatoly Chubais is actually interviewed in the video.

As for Armenia, I inform you for the last time that the same will not occur in Russia, the USA or Australia because Armenia is a genuine culture of a like-minded majority. Armenia is similar to Syria, where, due to the like-minded culture of the majority of Syrians; they defended their nation from foreign mercenaries from around 40 nations. Russia like the USA or Australia has no culture because those Trotskyites that murdered Russia from 1917 are now the Neo-Cons in power in the USA. The culture of the USA is Hollywood, mass-media, left-wing universities & right-wing politics; designed by the same who divided & conquered Russia in 1917.
binocular wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:16 pm
People get the government they deserve.
The Pali suttas explain all (skilful) dhammas are governed by mindfulness (AN 10.58). Nibbana is not longing for a present world or for another world (para loka; Ud 8.1).

:namaste:

Zom

Post by Zom » Sat May 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Funny video ) "Give five if you are anti-Putin" )

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Sun May 13, 2018 9:35 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:15 pm
First Saudi Arabia, then North Korea, now Armenia... who's next? Iran?
This is my most loved friend. See in his eyes how he also loves me. He, as an Armenian, would find the above comparison to Saudi Arabia strange. If our culture is alien to you, possibly you could consider a holiday to Syria (where many Armenians live), Lebanon, Armenia or Iran. I trust you will be most welcomed because we have a history of great hospitality. :hug:

Welcome to what could be the friendliest country on earth. Iran is the jewel in Islam's crown, combining glorious architecture with a warm-hearted welcome. https://www.lonelyplanet.com/iran