"Shock and Awe". Do you remember that?

If you wish to raise new topics on News, Current Events & Politics, please do so at Dhamma Wheel Engaged.
alan

"Shock and Awe". Do you remember that?

Post by alan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:02 am

It's been 15 years since the idiotic and immoral invasion of Iraq.
At the time, I said it would be a catastrophic failure. I was right.

But who listened? Conservatives continued to believe what they are programmed to believe. Most of them got mad at me. No one learned, no one listened. And now, things just get worse.
Why? Because most people are just God Dam Ignorant as Hell.

DooDoot

Re: "Shock and Awe". Do you remember that?

Post by DooDoot » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:31 am

JFK vs Israel Nuclear Program
LBJ vs JFK & Vietnam
Nixon vs Vietnam
Carter vs Afghanistan
Reagan vs Iran
Bush vs Iraq
Clinton vs Kosovo & Somalia
Bush vs Iraq & Afghanistan
Obama vs Libya & Syria
Trump vs ???
Why Are U.S. Troops Staying in Syria? The Trump Administration Won’t Say

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... t-say.html
In a pair of letters, the officials illuminated the Trump administration’s planning for an open-ended mission of forces in Syria beyond the Islamic State fight. Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson foreshadowed the plan in a speech last month, saying that troops will stay in Syria to curb Iran and prevent the Syrian government from reconquering rebel-held areas.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/22/us/p ... roops.html
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati

alan

Post by alan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:39 am

Obama did not go to war with Libya or Syria. And Clinton responded to genocide--did not create an unnecessary War. Get your fatcs straight.

alan

Post by alan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:46 am

DooDoot: Be honest. The video clip was about sanctions on Iraq, not the war.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:02 am

alan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:46 am
DooDoot: Be honest. The video clip was about sanctions on Iraq, not the war.
Video clip is from the Bill Clinton administration. Is causing death by deprivation of requisites OK?
alan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:39 am
Obama did not go to war with Libya or Syria.
War against Libya was overt. You must have missed it. Maybe the Hollywood media did not tell you. Syrian War was covert, although today the US govt overtly admits it.
alan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:39 am
And Clinton responded to genocide--did not create an unnecessary War. Get your fatcs straight.
Sure. Another media "genocide" in Kosovo or wherever, just like the "genocides" in Syria (which were the opposite of reality)? Whatever the US corporate, military & Zionist media says, its true? :|
December 14, 2016

Two decades before Aleppo, there was Srebrenica. “Never again,” the world promised. :roll: [PROVEN LIE]

Neither the representatives of Russia nor of the United States held back their views: To Russia, the resolution to recognize the killings of thousands of civilians as genocide was “politically motivated.” But for Samantha Power, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Russia's refusal to accept the resolution was “madness.”

These remarks were not part of a debate about Syria and the killings in Aleppo, however. They made headlines a year ago as the world commemorated the 20th anniversary of the Srebrenica massacre, in which 8,000 Bosnian Muslim men and boys were killed by Bosnian Serbs, beginning on July 11, 1995.

Russia’s persistent refusal to acknowledge the massacre of Srebrenica as genocide sounded hauntingly familiar to some Tuesday, amid news that more than 80 civilians were killed by pro-Assad and Russian-backed forces in Aleppo. Andrew Mitchell, a Conservative Party lawmaker in Britain, pointed out that despite pledges after the Srebrenica massacre to never allow anything similar to happen again, “here we are today witnessing, complicit, in what is happening to tens of thousands of Syrians in Aleppo.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... d3ec7c8a30

Tue 20 Feb 2018 23.06

Eastern Ghouta is another Srebrenica, we are looking away again :roll: [PROVEN LIE]

The horror of the Bosnian Muslim massacre of 1995 is being repeated today in Syria

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... away-again

Last edited by DooDoot on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

alan

Post by alan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:27 am

You are no longer worthy of my attention.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:43 am

alan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:27 am
You are no longer worthy of my attention.
Pretty women are generally considered worthy of attention. :|

JeffR

Post by JeffR » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:30 am

alan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:02 am

But who listened? Conservatives continued to believe what they are programmed to believe. Most of them got mad at me. No one learned, no one listened. And now, things just get worse.
The more time I spend in the human realm, the more I recognize it is a hellbent cesspool of moha. Encouragement to develope the pañña neccessary to get out and stay out.
:anjali:
Therein what are 'six (types of) disrespect'? One dwells without respect, without deference for the Teacher; one dwells without respect, without deference for the Teaching; one dwells without respect, without deference for the Order; one dwells without respect, without deference for the precepts; one dwells without respect, without deference for heedfulness; one dwells without respect, without deference for hospitality. These are six (types of) disrespect.
:Vibh 945

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:23 am

alan wrote:

I said that too. The Republicans aren't the only ones beating the war drum; the Democrats are just about as guilty. James Polk, Woodrow Wilson, Harry Truman, LBJ, etc. Both parties love war.

But the reasons and "causes" to go to war were perhaps the worst with the Iraq War. I remember saying, "why doesn't Bush go to war against North Korea? Answer -- because they really do have WMD."

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:31 am

Before the Iraq war there was the brutal 8 year long Iran-Iraq war in which the US/Europe backed Iraq to prevent the Iranians from taking that strategic country.

Now imagine if Iran would have won that war, and then swept into Syria and took that country too.

That, in effect, is exactly what idiot Neo-Cons and Ultra-Right wing have accomplished in the Middle East.

Today, Trump is moving Israel's capital to Jerusalem, and forcing the Saudi's to openly align with Israel.

Guess which country is secretly happy as hell about this ?

IRAN.

After handing BOTH Iraq and Syria over to Iran, they are now busy trying to hand over all of Saudi Arabia to Iran as well
"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

No_Mind

Post by No_Mind » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:37 am

alan wrote:

Yes, rest of the world remembers it too well. It was a huge turning point in my life. With great naivete I had always believed from my childhood that Americans could do no wrong. I supported the war since I believed there was WMD because Gen. Colin Powell said there was WMD.

By end 2003 my love affair with U.S. ended. Whatever small respect remained ended on Nov 2nd 2004, when Americans voted Bush back to power.

Those couple of years proved beyond all doubt that Americans are not a moral race.

:namaste:
I know one thing: that I know nothing

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:43 am

No_Mind wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:37 am
By end 2003 my love affair with U.S. ended. Whatever small respect remained ended on Nov 8th 2004, when Americans voted Bush back to power.
Those couple of years proved beyond all doubt that Americans are not a moral race.
Don't forget GW Bush won 62 million votes and 60 million voted for other candidates; so we're not all bad. :tongue:

No_Mind

Post by No_Mind » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:43 am

No_Mind

Post by No_Mind » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:46 am

DNS wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:43 am
No_Mind wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:37 am
By end 2003 my love affair with U.S. ended. Whatever small respect remained ended on Nov 8th 2004, when Americans voted Bush back to power.
Don't forget GW Bush won 62 million votes and 60 million voted for other candidates; so we're not all bad. :tongue:
But David there was no "Not My President" rallies when Bush won in 2004. That goes to show Americans become agitated only when they perceive the President will harm them. As long as their President harms someone 8,000 miles away they are fine with it.

Last edited by No_Mind on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:54 am

Kamran wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:31 am
Before the Iraq war there was the brutal 8 year long Iran-Iraq war in which the US/Europe backed Iraq to prevent the Iranians from taking that strategic country. Now imagine if Iran would have won that war, and then swept into Syria and took that country too.
You make it sounds like Iran was the aggressor in that war. Explain more, thanks.
Kamran wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:31 am
Guess which country is secretly happy as hell about this ?

IRAN.

After handing BOTH Iraq and Syria over to Iran, they are now busy trying to hand over all of Saudi Arabia to Iran as well
Iran was invited into Syria to help Syria. Lebanese Hezbollah liberated many Christian towns from ISIS. But, yes, Iraq is now under Iranian influence, which seems to be a better thing (for example, they had the courage to stop an Iraqi Kurdistan). It may not make the Zionist side happy but the US-Military side still made lots of war profits; paid for by the US taxpayer, US soldiers & millions of Middle-Eastern lives. If Syria is lucky to escape, the corporate interests might also profit from the rebuilding of Syria.