How is it to actually live in ultra-PCness ?

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Wizard in the Forest

Re: How is it to actually live in ultra-PCness ?

Post by Wizard in the Forest » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:28 am

I don't even know what is meant here, because I have not been given a real idea of what those fellows who OP mentions were coping with while working in America. They had to do something or fear doing something to flee at the worry of getting sued in the first place.
"One is not born a woman, but becomes one."- Simone de Beauvoir

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:48 am

Greetings Circle5,
Circle5 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:07 am
It's hard for me to judge without living there. There is a huge argument for this: it's becoming uncool. The moment something is not cool anymore, it goes down. Something like this depends entirely on how cool it is.
Agreed. That was the "first wave" of the push-back against PC-extremism and is well typified by Milo's article, Paul Joseph Watson style "conservative is the new counter-culture", meme culture, Sargon of Akkad, Stefan Molyneaux, Ben Shapiro, Lauren Southern etc. and of course, The Donald himself.

As Milo says, "“No one can resist the truth wrapped in a good joke, and ridicule is your most powerful weapon against the nannies and scolds of the left.” Turns out he was 100% right.
Circle5 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:07 am
But how about the long term effects of Trump being in power ? Usually the side in power loses and the opposition grows. But in USA things may be working differently. Obama being in power has contributed to a rise in this trend, so the opposite may happen now. Though I really do not understand this and don't understand how things work in countries where politics are a form of culture battle. Is there truth to this idea that in USA, when one side is in power, society mood swings in that direction and not in the opposite one ? Has this historically been true ? Cause Obama period taken alone proves little about this idea.
I've said this elsewhere, I believe this has less to do with "left v right", or "Democrat v Republican" than it has to do with "Globalism vs Patriotism". You could say it's "Establishment vs Non-Establishment", and that would be true, but those terms don't provide any real insight into the motives and ideology of those involved.

Political correctness and the moral accusations that spawn from it are a deliberate tool of suppression, designed to reduce resistance to open borders globalism. The short video of the speech from Donald Trump that I posted here explains the situation very well. When he criticizes Hillary Clinton, he's targeting "the establishment" moreso than Democrats - because whether a president or presidential candidate is a Republican or a Democrat, they're usually both advancing the same globalist position. Notable exceptions to that rule include JFK, Reagan and Trump.

I know the same old people will jump up and down in reaction to what I'm about to say, but what Trump is doing here is nothing short of revolutionary. He is totally "clearing house", de-constructing the inherently corrupt establishment and by doing so putting power back in the hands of the citizenry - more 1776, less 1984. The reach of what he is doing will not only radically improve transparency within the United States, but globally as well. So, this isn't just 4 or 8 years of the pendulum swinging one way, only to have it swing back the other way... this is a total redo, a second chance to have a modern 21st civilization that isn't founded on the globalist order that JFK warned us about.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:35 am

JFK is appearently speaking about communism there: https://www.quora.com/What-%E2%80%9CSec ... his-speech

As for globalism, a good set of pros and cons can be found here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikecollin ... alization/

The EU has been a beneficial economic union for all countries involved, that is why everybody and their dog is trying to join it. It also has high tarrifs for goods not produced inside the EU. It's basically doing what protectionist from USA have been arguing for. Taxes on imported goods are so high that they make such goods highy uncompetitive in many niches.

So how exactly is the EU promoting globalism ?

chownah

Post by chownah » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:50 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:48 am
......... So, this isn't just 4 or 8 years of the pendulum swinging one way, only to have it swing back the other way... this is a total redo, a second chance to have a modern 21st civilization that isn't founded on the globalist order that JFK warned us about.

What a great propagandistic spin job.

First the speech is not about a secret society. The only mention of "secret society" is near the beginning of the speech and is simply saying that american's don't like secret societies.....so.....to call this kennedy's "secret society speech" is to pervert what the speech is about which is not "secret societies". So, what is the speech about?....it is about freedom of the press. The speech was given to representataives of the press assuring them that there would not be another mcarthy era rape. What is the great concern?....it was communism.

In the address kennedy expresses confidence in the citizenries ability to meet any threat as long as it is informed by a free press.....kennedy is speaking in support of the free press and the free flow of information whether it is critical of a president or administration or not. Just try to imagine trump giving this speech..... :jumping:
chownah

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:55 am

Greetings,
retrofuturist wrote:
I know the same old people will jump up and down in reaction to what I'm about to say...
chownah wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:50 am
:jumping:
Enjoy the show.

Metta,
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:10 am

Greetings Circle5,
Circle5 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:35 am
So how exactly is the EU promoting globalism ?
I can go further on that point if you like, but perhaps it would be better done as a new topic.

Metta,

mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:21 am

I quite like my country. Women could vote here fron 1893. We take our treaty with the First People seriously. We have taken measures to remove obstacles to women and minorities. We have had three female Prime Ministers. Perhaps we are too PC for C5.

We don't have politicians ranting about PC. At least none that are serious contenders. Someone like Trump would most likely have been laughed out of the election here. Our current PM even talks about making our systems kinder. ...

New Zealand is probably not a suitable place for C5... Sorry... :console:

Mike

chownah

Post by chownah » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:11 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:55 am
Greetings,
retrofuturist wrote:
I know the same old people will jump up and down in reaction to what I'm about to say...
chownah wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:50 am
:jumping:
Enjoy the show.

Metta,
ONce again retrofuturist brings fake news. I am clearly laughing at the ridiculous prospect of trump giving the jfk speech and not at anything he said.
chownah

binocular

Post by binocular » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:34 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:43 pm
Europe on the other hand appears to be subdued into PC submission by the European Union.... /.../
More by a particular brand of Christianity.