Trump - One Year

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Locked
alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by alan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:30 am

Trump was supposed to enact sanctions. He did not do it. This is a fact.
Right, or not right?

User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 1835
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Redlands, US occupied Northern Mexico
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by lyndon taylor » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:35 am

Some people have problems with facts!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 20152
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:39 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:30 am
Trump was supposed to enact sanctions. He did not do it. This is a fact.
Right, or not right?
Maybe have a look at the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act and tell me what Trump didn't do that he was "supposed to".

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

chownah
Posts: 7583
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by chownah » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:39 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:34 am
Despite all the pearl clutching, there has been no evidence whatsoever found to date of Trump colluding with the Russians. I'm guessing that's because he didn't. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the Clinton Campaign & the DNC, who via Fusion GPS and (ex-MI6) paid FBI informant Christopher Steele, sourced salacious and unverified materials, primarily from Russian sources (including from members of the Kremlin) in order to weaponize American intelligence agencies and the FISA courts against a political opponent. So much for the Fourth Amendment and the peaceful transfer of power then.... :shrug:
I would first point out that what you say here does not indicate that clinton campaign colluded with the russians....only that they got some infomation from russian sources....it could have been stolen and not colluded for example.

....but for me more importantly; I would really like to get some information about when did the republicans stop funding fusion gps and when did the democrats start.....and I assume that there was some documentation generated when the republicans and the democrats offered their funding and I'm wondering what it said (what exactly were they funding)....and when did fusion gps contract with chris steele and when did steele do his work....

I'm wanting to learn about these things because in the absence of this information I really have no way of allotting blame if there is any blame to be allotted.....no way to know how much influence the dems or the repubs had over what steele did or reported.
chownah

alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by alan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:48 am

Here is what I think: Trump was compromised years ago. The Russians totally own him. You can see it in his finances. When the truth is told, we will find out that Trump is a Russian agent, acting on Putin's behalf. Some might think that is ridiculous. But I will be proven correct.

User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 20152
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:48 am

Greetings Chownah,
chownah wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:39 am
....but for me more importantly; I would really like to get some information about when did the republicans stop funding fusion gps and when did the democrats start.....and I assume that there was some documentation generated when the republicans and the democrats offered their funding and I'm wondering what it said (what exactly were they funding)....and when did fusion gps contract with chris steele and when did steele do his work....
According to the New York Times, The Free Beacon paid Fusion GPS up until May 2016 to dig up dirt on Trump.

Once Trump became the Republican nominee, the Democrats, via Perkins Coie engaged Fusion GPS. Steele was then brought into the picture.
chownah wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:39 am
I'm wanting to learn about these things because in the absence of this information I really have no way of allotting blame if there is any blame to be allotted.....no way to know how much influence the dems or the repubs had over what steele did or reported.
The chronology outlined suggests that Republicans ceased paying for the Fusion GPS before Steele came on board. That said, I wouldn't put it past Never Trumpers like John McCain to have still had a material interest in proceedings. After all, he was the one spruiking the dossier to the FBI.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 20152
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:50 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:48 am
Here is what I think: Trump was compromised years ago. The Russians totally own him. You can see it in his finances. When the truth is told, we will find out that Trump is a Russian agent, acting on Putin's behalf. Some might think that is ridiculous. But I will be proven correct.
Dude, I think 2018 is going to be pretty rough for you... even moreso than 2017, but we'll see...

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by alan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:03 am

Here's what I see:Trump is allied with Putin. Together, they are trying to ruin America, and Democracy worldwide.
To Hell with them, I say.

User avatar
No_Mind
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 4:12 pm
Location: India

Post by No_Mind » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:38 am

post deleted due to link problems
Last edited by No_Mind on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know one thing: that I know nothing

User avatar
Pseudobabble
Posts: 734
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:11 am
Location: London

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by Pseudobabble » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:17 am

alan wrote:Trump was compromised years ago. The Russians totally own him. You can see it in his finances. When the truth is told, we will find out that Trump is a Russian agent, acting on Putin's behalf. Some might think that is ridiculous. But I will be proven correct.
Hey, yeah, you're probably right. Also, I heard that Obama wasn't born in the US, do you think that's true too?
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta


'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha

chownah
Posts: 7583
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by chownah » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:25 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:48 am
Greetings Chownah,
chownah wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:39 am
....but for me more importantly; I would really like to get some information about when did the republicans stop funding fusion gps and when did the democrats start.....and I assume that there was some documentation generated when the republicans and the democrats offered their funding and I'm wondering what it said (what exactly were they funding)....and when did fusion gps contract with chris steele and when did steele do his work....
According to the New York Times, The Free Beacon paid Fusion GPS up until May 2016 to dig up dirt on Trump.

Once Trump became the Republican nominee, the Democrats, via Perkins Coie engaged Fusion GPS. Steele was then brought into the picture.
chownah wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:39 am
I'm wanting to learn about these things because in the absence of this information I really have no way of allotting blame if there is any blame to be allotted.....no way to know how much influence the dems or the repubs had over what steele did or reported.
The chronology outlined suggests that Republicans ceased paying for the Fusion GPS before Steele came on board. That said, I wouldn't put it past Never Trumpers like John McCain to have still had a material interest in proceedings. After all, he was the one spruiking the dossier to the FBI.

Metta,
Paul. :)
Thanks for the link. It does clarify when the repubs stopped financing and when the dems started financing.....basically the financing was continuous with a small hiatus at the time of the repub primary election. The article does say that fusion gps "hired" steele while being funded by the dems. If the repubs were funding fusion gps and steele was not working on his reports which when collected became the dossier then what things were the repubs funding?....in the absence of any intelligence information other than the steele dossier being produced through repub funding then what were they funding?

I think it is plausible that steele was working on his reports during the repub funding period but his agreement was payment on delivery so it could be said that previous to having a product (the dossier) he was not employed and he didn't get paid for his work until he submitted the dossier or at least some rough drafts or partial work and this might not have happened until the dems started funding. I know that I am just making up a story and that there is no factual basis for believing this story....I only do this because there is still the unanswered question of what was the relationship between steele and fusion gps (what constituted being "hired" for instance) and what did fusion gps do with the money the repubs gave them. It seems that my story fits all these pieces together neatly but then again it is ONLY A STORY.

Another issue is: did the dems say to fusion gps "go ask steele to produce a dossier which contains x,y, and z.....or did fusion gps decide what would be written about...or was it steele.....seems like steele would be the generator of issues to study and fusion gps would filter first and the dems would be the final judge......but I don't know.

Also, notice that the article does say:
Is this sort of research common or legal?

Campaigns and party committees frequently pay companies to assemble what’s known in politics as opposition research — essentially damaging information about their opponents — and nothing is illegal about the practice.
chownah

User avatar
No_Mind
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 4:12 pm
Location: India

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by No_Mind » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:13 pm

re-posted from above deleted post

Indians in USA hold pro-Trump rally outside White House.

https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/ind ... on-1808405

Immigrants with above average IQ, who are law abiding and model minority with very high median income have dreams too.

:namaste:
I know one thing: that I know nothing

User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 1835
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Redlands, US occupied Northern Mexico
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by lyndon taylor » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:41 pm

this is Trump, the president that wants to slash legal immigration from India you're talking about???
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

User avatar
No_Mind
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 4:12 pm
Location: India

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by No_Mind » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:00 pm

lyndon taylor wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:41 pm
this is Trump, the president that wants to slash legal immigration from India you're talking about???
No he does not. I have written elsewhere about it. That was a campaign promise but following that he has on Jan 8, 2018 not put into force the H1B visa curbs.
Relief for Indian techies, US says no change in H-1B extension policy

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 426660.cms
In fact sometime during the campaign he said "why bring .... from .... I will rather bring engineers from India" I heard him loud and clear on tv

Republicans are our best friend now.

There are 500,000 undocumented Indians in USA. Throw them out. They are blot on our reputation. We are not like Latinos. We do not sneak in.

:namaste:
I know one thing: that I know nothing

User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 1835
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Redlands, US occupied Northern Mexico
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by lyndon taylor » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:18 pm

You obviously are not aware of Trump's immigration policy, those of us here in the USA hear about it all the time.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests