Trump - One Year

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Locked
User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 1835
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Redlands, US occupied Northern Mexico
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by lyndon taylor » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:13 am

consider the source!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 1835
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Redlands, US occupied Northern Mexico
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by lyndon taylor » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:56 am

There is such a thing as a reputable source, Breibart News, Fox news etc tend not to be reputable sources, even though from time to time they may report something factual. Rep Nunes is not a reputable source, as shown by how dishonest and misleading this memo is when it comes to facts, its all over the news from reputable sources, the Surveillance of Carter Paige had multiple reasons and pages of pages of facts submitted to the judge of which the Trump dossier is just one small part, a reputable source would have pointed this out, Rep Nunes chose to not be honest with his information, and deliberately try to sew discord in and already messy situation. Can't wait for the Democrat committee members secret memo to come out, here's hoping they can stick to more to actual facts.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Pseudobabble
Posts: 734
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:11 am
Location: London

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by Pseudobabble » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:37 am

Lyndon, it sounds a little circular:

The report is untrustworthy, becuase it is written by Nunes -> Nunes is untrustworthy, because he wrote the report -> ...

Though I take your point about reputable news sources - some are and some aren't, and while the source doesn't determine the validity of the information conveyed, it's something to take into consideration.
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta


'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha

User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 1835
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Redlands, US occupied Northern Mexico
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by lyndon taylor » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:05 pm

yeah basically Nunes has demonstrated his untrustworthiness by writing a bogus report, so YEAH
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

chownah
Posts: 7597
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by chownah » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Pseudobabble wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:37 am

The report is untrustworthy, becuase it is written by Nunes -> Nunes is untrustworthy, because he wrote the report -> ...
I think you will find that nunes is untrustworthy because he is nunes. He wrote a book which evidently calls members of the environmental lobby as being "followers of neo-Marxist, socialist, Maoist or Communist ideals"....go to wikipedia and read up on who he is and what he does....google "nunes march 2017" and you'll find https://www.wired.com/2017/04/devin-nun ... veillance/. Wired has a bias so you might want to look around for something else but the article is a timeline of what nunes did so its probably fairly bias proof...but maybe not.

Nunes is a trumpesque horse's ass and that is why he is not trustworthy. I think that lyndon taylor is just lazy and doesn't want to put out the effort to document what he considers to be common knowledge for those who are paying attention to what is happening.
chownah

pulga
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by pulga » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:57 pm

The FISA memo probably does have some bias, but it is noteworthy that the Republicans do seem to be pushing for transparency over what happened.


User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 20165
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by retrofuturist » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:15 pm

Greetings,
chownah wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:18 pm
...for those who are paying attention to what is happening.
As one of "those who are paying attention to what is happening", I can say that my perception is radically different from Lyndon Taylor's.

However, I typically choose not to share my perception here, as that would be tantamount to "arguing with the world" and it's rather entertaining to observe other people's perspectives, without having them come at me because mine is so different to theirs.

I suggest let's just let 2018 play out and see how it all unfolds... I'm really looking forward to it.

:spy:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by alan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:09 am

If Trump is not guilty, why is he acting guilty?

User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 20165
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:34 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:09 am
If Trump is not guilty, why is he acting guilty?
I don't perceive he is "acting guilty".

I do think certain media outlets aligned with the #Resistance will try to construe his actions as such, and then use their constructions and conveniently anonymous (non-existent?) sources to insinuate that "where there's smoke there's fire", but such circular reporting isn't particularly impressive - unless perhaps if it reinforces one's own prejudices.

Despite all the pearl clutching, there has been no evidence whatsoever found to date of Trump colluding with the Russians. I'm guessing that's because he didn't. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the Clinton Campaign & the DNC, who via Fusion GPS and (ex-MI6) paid FBI informant Christopher Steele, sourced salacious and unverified materials, primarily from Russian sources (including from members of the Kremlin) in order to weaponize American intelligence agencies and the FISA courts against a political opponent. So much for the Fourth Amendment and the peaceful transfer of power then.... :shrug:

If there's anything else on this to be said, perhaps it would be better said in your existing If you are not guilty, you don't act like a guilty person, right? topic. Thanks.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by alan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:08 am

If I'm not guilty, I do not fire the person investigating me.
And I do not call it a 'Hoax".
If I'm not guilty, I let it play out, and then prove that I was innocent.
Right?

alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by alan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:16 am

He was supposed to put on sanctions against Russia--but decided not to do that.
Why?

User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 20165
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:17 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:08 am
If I'm not guilty, I do not fire the person investigating me.
Who, Comey? The man who is neck deep in the wrongdoings identified, and who made a complete balls-up of the Hillary Clinton e-mail server issue? (...which in time I suspect you'll find is closely intertwined with the malfeasance of the FBI & DOJ.
alan wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:08 am
And I do not call it a 'Hoax".
I think it's becoming increasingly apparent that it is indeed a "hoax"... or to call it was it was called by the conspirators... "insurance".
alan wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:08 am
If I'm not guilty, I let it play out, and then prove that I was innocent. Right?
Well, that's what's happening... but that doesn't mean he needs to be silent about acts of treason and corruption which dwarf Watergate. Remember when mainstream media hooted with indignation when Trump suggested he'd been wiretapped by Obama? Not so funny now, eh? ;)

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 20165
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:19 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:16 am
He was supposed to put on sanctions against Russia--but decided not to do that.
Why?
I could respond to that, but instead I'll direct you to someone who has already done that...




Link to full Twitter thread

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by alan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:20 am

Trump was never wiretapped by Obama. This is a fact.
And the Congress voted to make sure the sanctions against Russia should be approved. This is also a fact.

User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 20165
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:24 am

Greetings Alan,
alan wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:20 am
Trump was never wiretapped by Obama. This is a fact.
Ok. 8-) :spy:
alan wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:20 am
And the Congress voted to make sure the sanctions against Russia should be approved. This is also a fact.
And the Act was approved, as per Imperator Rex's tweet thread.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests