Trump - One Year

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
chownah

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by chownah » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:19 pm

retrofuturist wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:51 am
Greetings,
Chownah wrote:Sounds like you think that trump has some great goal in mind.
Well, yes, to Drain The Swamp in Washington DC.
Drain the swamp seems to be another trump lie....just like his statements that the tax reform would not benefit him......
Here's an article about the state of the swamp:
The ‘swamp’ in action: GOP advances coal lobbyist for EPA job
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... st-epa-job
This is not the only article that is out there which bears on the state of the swamp...it is just a convenient one to grab and put here.....maybe in the future I'll bring other ones.
chownah

chownah

Post by chownah » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:02 pm

chownah wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:28 pm
retrofuturist wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:39 am
Greetings Chownah,

It's simply incongruous with actual events, IMO.

But if you wish to attribute such motives, I am not going to stop you, and I'm certainly not going to bother arguing with you about it.

Metta,
Paul. :)
First of all I am not attributing motives...I am looking for motives...and having looked at trumps life and questioning what could be motivating him what seems to be notable is that he seems to do everything to benefit himself first, his family second, and his rich friends third.....with damn little be done to benefit anyone else. If you or anyone else can bring something which might be interpreted otherwise I would be glad to see it.....but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting. Just one example is the trump run foundation....if I remember it never had a very large amount of money and most if not all of did not come from trump or his family but other people and the money was often spent for thing that benefitted trump himself....a large portrait comes to mind...I would be glad if people brought references to how his foundation functioned....I'd be glad to be shown that I am wrong.
I could add a paragraph on his litigious past and how this is exactly how he is running his administration but perhaps I will present this another time....anyone else feel free to jump right in on this issue. Anyway, the idea is that if someone goes through life using pretty much the same value system for many decades then it seems a bit suspect if it seems that they have drastically changed in a short period of time....and it seems natural that one might look closely to see if the change is real or feigned.....one might look for a motive to make a real change and one might look for a motive to feign change.
chownah
Well here is something about trump's litigious past....this article talks about this issue during the electoral process and tries to guess what it might mean for the presidency if he was elected (which he was). :
USA TODAY ANALYSIS FINDS 3,500 LEGAL ACTIONS BY AND AGAINST TRUMP, FIGHTING EVERYONE FROM THE GOVERNMENT TO THE VODKA MAKERS.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... /84995854/
I know that usa today is not a very good reference but I don't think they are lieing about these facts.....if they are I hope someone brings another reference so that we can be informed.
chownah

alan

Post by alan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:44 am

I hope there will not be another year. Because God Dam Trump is guilty as Hell. And he is a total disgrace to America.

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/5/17081954/s ... -interview

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Trump had a meeting with our president not long ago.

It went pretty well overall.