Trump - One Year

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
chownah
Posts: 7308
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by chownah » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:37 am

robertk wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:48 pm
Because he is such an enigma, I find that people's reactions to him are more predictable and more interesting than what he actually does.
image.jpeg
Where did you get this image?
chownah

User avatar
robertk
Posts: 2695
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by robertk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:19 pm

3 minute news brief from CNN on what some voters in Ohio think of Trump after his first year. Seem to like him.


chownah
Posts: 7308
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by chownah » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:41 am

chownah wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:37 am
robertk wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:48 pm
Because he is such an enigma, I find that people's reactions to him are more predictable and more interesting than what he actually does.
image.jpeg
Where did you get this image?
chownah
Is it a secret?
chownah

User avatar
robertk
Posts: 2695
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by robertk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:31 am

chownah wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:37 am
robertk wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:48 pm
Because he is such an enigma, I find that people's reactions to him are more predictable and more interesting than what he actually does.
image.jpeg
Where did you get this image?
chownah
I found it on the internet somewhere putting in a search like "Trump and Media".

Maybe initiated by Putin's operatives who paid Mosad to use one of there subversive Twitter feeds - and cleared by the whitehouse.

chownah
Posts: 7308
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by chownah » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:06 am

robertk wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:31 am
chownah wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:37 am
robertk wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:48 pm

image.jpeg
Where did you get this image?
chownah
I found it on the internet somewhere putting in a search like "Trump and Media".

Maybe initiated by Putin's operatives who paid Mosad to use one of there subversive Twitter feeds - and cleared by the whitehouse.
The artist is glenn mccoy.....a staunch conservative.
chownah

chownah
Posts: 7308
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by chownah » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:14 am

robertk wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:48 pm
Because he is such an enigma, I find that people's reactions to him are more predictable and more interesting than what he actually does.
image.jpeg
Thought I'd show the other side:
Image
chownah

User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 19558
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:15 am

Greetings,

The left can't meme.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

Justsit
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by Justsit » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:05 pm

A collection of some of Mr. Trump's actions/statements over the past year. Many of these may not have made international news. Some are a bit petty; many are simply appalling and, frankly, embarrassing.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... uette.html

User avatar
No_Mind
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 4:12 pm
Location: India

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by No_Mind » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:44 pm

Not entirely related to Trump one year but relevant .. what Democrats are doing right now is downright wrong .. holding spending bill hostage to DACA negotiations.

If it was Republicans who did this (2013 was very different .. Republicans stalled spending bill accusing Democrats of spending too much .. an issue related to spending bill unlike DACA) the liberal media would have been up in arms.

Media has different standards for different parties .. sad day for USA.

:namaste:
Last edited by No_Mind on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know one thing: that I know nothing

User avatar
Sam Vara
Posts: 3567
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: Sussex, U.K.

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by Sam Vara » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:58 pm

A strongly partisan but well-argued account of Trump's achievements:

http://www.libertylawsite.org/liberty-f ... hologizer/

Justsit
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by Justsit » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:25 pm

Sam Vara wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:58 pm
A strongly partisan but well-argued account of Trump's achievements:

http://www.libertylawsite.org/liberty-f ... hologizer/
Some interesting points there. I find the final (as of now) comment telling (poster is a "traditional" Republican):

"January 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Sadly so many of my conservative friends are living in a Fox News bubble. You have to be to conclude that the Trump presidency is succeeding. It’s been a train wreck from Day 1. We Republicans and our conservative ideals are being deeply tarnished by the Trump presidency. It will take us a generation to recover from the damage Trump is doing to the conservative movement I have fought for all my life."

The article I posted earlier about Trump's background with Roy Cohn provided some deep insight into why Trump acts the way he does. Bottom line, I think, is that ultimately, Trump is only out for Trump. Everything else is window dressing.

User avatar
Sam Vara
Posts: 3567
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: Sussex, U.K.

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by Sam Vara » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:17 pm

Justsit wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:25 pm
Sam Vara wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:58 pm
A strongly partisan but well-argued account of Trump's achievements:

http://www.libertylawsite.org/liberty-f ... hologizer/
Some interesting points there. I find the final (as of now) comment telling (poster is a "traditional" Republican):

"January 22, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Sadly so many of my conservative friends are living in a Fox News bubble. You have to be to conclude that the Trump presidency is succeeding. It’s been a train wreck from Day 1. We Republicans and our conservative ideals are being deeply tarnished by the Trump presidency. It will take us a generation to recover from the damage Trump is doing to the conservative movement I have fought for all my life."

The article I posted earlier about Trump's background with Roy Cohn provided some deep insight into why Trump acts the way he does. Bottom line, I think, is that ultimately, Trump is only out for Trump. Everything else is window dressing.
Who knows? I think one's prior allegiances determine what one is inclined to see and to accept as truth. To me, Trump is something of an enigma as yet.

User avatar
Kim OHara
Posts: 4908
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by Kim OHara » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:28 am


User avatar
Kim OHara
Posts: 4908
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by Kim OHara » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:49 am

Fact Check looks at the State of the Union - https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/factc ... ate-union/
FactChecking Trump’s State of the Union

The president exaggerates his accomplishments in his address to Congress.
Surprised?

:coffee:
Kim

User avatar
No_Mind
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 4:12 pm
Location: India

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by No_Mind » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 am

What is the Nunes Memo? "The 9 biggest questions about the Nunes memo, answered"

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... fbi-russia


The Nunes Memo explained with diagrams

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/1/16955472/n ... e-diagram

:namaste:
I know one thing: that I know nothing

User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 1800
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Redlands, US occupied Northern Mexico
Contact:

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by lyndon taylor » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:08 am

No_Mind wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 am
What is the Nunes Memo? "The 9 biggest questions about the Nunes memo, answered"

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... fbi-russia


The Nunes Memo explained with diagrams

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/1/16955472/n ... e-diagram

:namaste:
Whats so important about releasing a secret document written by right wing Trump supporters, its pretty obvious where that is going to go!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

chownah
Posts: 7308
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by chownah » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:03 pm

lyndon taylor wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:08 am
No_Mind wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 am
What is the Nunes Memo? "The 9 biggest questions about the Nunes memo, answered"

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... fbi-russia


The Nunes Memo explained with diagrams

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/1/16955472/n ... e-diagram

:namaste:
Whats so important about releasing a secret document written by right wing Trump supporters, its pretty obvious where that is going to go!!
:goodpost:
chownah

pulga
Posts: 1314
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by pulga » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:36 pm

The Democrats and the FBI will have the opportunity to challenge the memo. It will stand or fall on its own merits. Frankly, I think it would be best just to vet the thousand or so documents used in compiling the memo and to release them to the public. Transparency is a good thing: had the memo been suppressed just imagine all the dark secrets we'd assume that the FBI was hiding from us.

User avatar
Pseudobabble
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:11 am
Location: London

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by Pseudobabble » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:56 pm

chownah wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:03 pm
lyndon taylor wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:08 am
No_Mind wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 am
What is the Nunes Memo? "The 9 biggest questions about the Nunes memo, answered"

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... fbi-russia


The Nunes Memo explained with diagrams

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/1/16955472/n ... e-diagram

:namaste:
Whats so important about releasing a secret document written by right wing Trump supporters, its pretty obvious where that is going to go!!
:goodpost:
chownah
Right, I mean, we can all just assume things are the way we think they are. Right guys? Right?
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta


'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

chownah
Posts: 7308
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Trump - One Year

Post by chownah » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Pseudobabble wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:56 pm
chownah wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:03 pm
lyndon taylor wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:08 am


Whats so important about releasing a secret document written by right wing Trump supporters, its pretty obvious where that is going to go!!
:goodpost:
chownah
Right, I mean, we can all just assume things are the way we think they are. Right guys? Right?
:goodpost:
chownah

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests