Mate, I've got $1000': Aussie man hires a chopper in frantic search to find son

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
robertk

Mate, I've got $1000': Aussie man hires a chopper in frantic search to find son

Post by robertk » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/1 ... o-find-son

Australian man Tony Lethbridge couldn't sleep. It was early Monday morning and his 17-year-old son Samuel was missing.

It had been almost 24 hours since anyone had heard from him.

It was out of character and his family feared

A few hours earlier, after a series of unanswered calls to Samuel's mobile, Tony and his wife, Lee, had left Canberra and driven home to search for their boy.

"We got back into Newcastle about 1.30am [Monday morning] and went straight to the police station," Lethbridge said.

story carries on at link

Pseudobabble

Re: Mate, I've got $1000': Aussie man hires a chopper in frantic search to find son

Post by Pseudobabble » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 am

Good dad to have.
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

robertk

Re: Mate, I've got $1000': Aussie man hires a chopper in frantic search to find son

Post by robertk » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:13 am

Good pilot too. $1000 is at the low-end for a hire.