One thing I like about DW, and this forum section in particular

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Pseudobabble

One thing I like about DW, and this forum section in particular

Post by Pseudobabble » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:50 pm

There are many different political positions here on DW, many different shades.

Which is very often a recipe for argumentation. And there is certainly argumentation here.

I think we are all sometimes guilty of being insensitive to the other's perspective. I certainly am. And I say this as someone who sees over-sensitivity as something like a debilitating disease.

BUT

In basically every thread, even the acrimonious ones, I see people being thoughtful, considering the points, doing research, and generally behaving like adults ought to behave. If you go to some other places on the interwebs, you don't find such behaviour. Here on DW, even those who have fundamentally opposed views on things, who could each probably never convince the other, there is very little in the way of ugliness. Disagreements are treated with dispassion (most of the time).

I take my hat off to you other Wheelers, because as far as political, cultural, social (etc) debates and disagreements go, everyone conducts themselves admirably, in my view, relative to the behaviour I see elsewhere.

Just my $0.02
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha