Americas new segregationists are on the left.

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Turmeric

Americas new segregationists are on the left.

Post by Turmeric » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:37 pm

http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/23/ame ... -the-left/

The races must stay separate, we can't unite, share with each other, speak each others language, or even stay in the same dorm as people with other skin colors. We are fundamentally different, cannot understand each other, and cannot speak on each others behalf. Eating sushi is cultural appropriation, and everyone should identify with their group, and be proud of their heritage, except white people because they are evil. We are our skin color, our skin color and gender are the most important things in the world, and we should always think of ourselves as a race, and a part of the racial group we belong to. Anyone that disagrees with us is a nazi, and should be shut down with violence. Disagreement is actually violence, and so when you disagree with us, you are committing violence against us and putting us in danger. This is the view of the radical left, the people that are making it seem cool to be a conservative. I sent this article to my meditation teacher in aussie, and he said these views are spreading over into Australia as well. Chinas new insult on social media is to call someone a white liberal. The left went from being seen as cool hippie kids fighting the man, to being the laughing stock of the world. Conservatives are calling themselves the new counter culture. These last few years have been some of the weirdest I've ever seen in this country.

Circle5

Re: Americas new segregationists are on the left.

Post by Circle5 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:50 pm

Sometimes I'm happy I live in eastern europe. At least this kind of stupidity is not part of my life. It would be a source of stress to go through collage and encounter that kind of trash or see that kind of trash on TV all the time. It's causing me stress simply reading about it on the internet.

paul

Post by paul » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:20 am

Diversity is on the increase as a long-term trend:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... the-world/

Turmeric

Post by Turmeric » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:43 am

paul wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:20 am
Diversity is on the increase as a long-term trend:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... the-world/
That's not what this article is talking about. Imagine if me and my American friends went to Thailand. In Thailand, we see Thai people wearing cowboy hats because they like America, and we start complaining at them, calling them racists, because they are "stealing" American culture. Then we start segregating ourselves, making white american only communities, and demanding we have our own white person dorm on college campuses so we can be separated from Thai people. We burn the Thai flag, and wave around our American flag, saying white power. All day long we complain about how evil Thai people are, and how evil their history is. When they use a phone, or eat a hamburger, we insult them, and say its cultural appropriation. Sound insane? This is what the radical leftists are doing in America.

If you want to see how bad this has gotten, take a look at yale university. This teacher in the video sent an email out to the students saying he didn't think wearing a native american costume for halloween was bad. The students formed a lynch mob the following day, surrounded him, called him disgusting, screamed at him, tried to get him fired from his job, and if you look closely at the students in the crowd, some of them are literally crying because this teacher simply said he doesn't think its wrong to wear a native american costume. This is real life.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:13 am

Circle5 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:50 pm
Sometimes I'm happy I live in eastern europe. At least this kind of stupidity is not part of my life. It would be a source of stress to go through collage and encounter that kind of trash or see that kind of trash on TV all the time. It's causing me stress simply reading about it on the internet.
This is not only happening in US colleges. I have seen this intimately in my recent life, both in the workplace & with female friends who are bureaucrats & social workers, namely, saying they do not feel "safe" merely because another person disagrees with them. This vexatious method of bullying & victimizing another by claiming to be a victim or feeling unsafe is now obviously widely prevalent in the Western world. Regardless, it is not virtuous behavior & these people will be heirs to their kamma, such as those who I have recently known (including one female workplace cry-bully who had a heart-attack in an argument at work & the other now getting divorced, for which she has limited coping skills). This type of behavior is the complete contrary to Buddhism, where a person takes responsibility for the responses to sense experience. Currently, I am personally surrounded by female suffering (without going into more details) & while I am trying to help, I can't avoid attributing this suffering to (present life) kamma of this kind, namely, the never ending blame, anger & victim game.

chownah

Post by chownah » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:09 am

I haven't seen any evidence of segregation presented here.....bias?..yes...bigotry?..yes...stupidity?..yes.......but segregation?...NO. No evidence whatever.
chownah

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:12 am

Greetings,
chownah wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:09 am
I haven't seen any evidence of segregation presented here...
Here's something alluded to in the OP...

Taxpayer-Funded University LITERALLY Creates Segregated Dorm For Black People

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:37 am

At least they are paying grossly overpriced tuitions so the client is the chief.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:49 am

Personally, & without examining the specific matter deeply, I do not currently have any issues with this (as long it is not anything compulsory).

Turmeric

Post by Turmeric » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:32 am

DooDoot wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:49 am
Personally, & without examining the specific matter deeply, I do not currently have any issues with this (as long it is not anything compulsory).
Vannamacchariya: not being possessive of our ‘color’ (vanaa). ‘Vannaa,’ here,
has been interpreted in two senses. In one sense, it refers to social caste or class.
For example, the ruling class, the religious elite, property owners, and laborers
are held to be unequal in status, and the members of one group are unwilling to
let other groups mix with theirs. If such mixing occurs, they regard it as
something base and disgraceful and so they continually put up barriers to
prevent it from happening. In this sense, we can infer that we shouldn’t make
distinctions based on faction, nationality, color, or race, because the Buddha
taught that a person’s worth comes not from his or her birth, but from the
goodness of his or her own actions; or, as we say, ‘Those who do good will meet
with good, those who do evil will meet with evil.’ For example, we at present
worship and respect the Buddha even though he wasn’t Thai as we are. We
respect him through the power of his goodness. If we were to be close-minded
and nationalistic, we Thai’s wouldn’t have any religion to worship at all aside
from the religion of spirits and ghosts. - Ajahn Lee

chownah

Post by chownah » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:41 am

Taxpayer-Funded University LITERALLY Creates Segregated Dorm For Black People
Here is some information about the daily caller:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily ... cal_stance
There is reason to think that the daily caller will not present all sides of an issue so while what they describe sounds really awful: 1. more information should be sought (is it compulsory) and 2. this really is an unusual situation and is not typical of what is going on in general in american higher education (as far as I know).

AS terrible as this housing thing sounds it is still a long way from what the op seems to be about as evidenced by this excerpt:
The races must stay separate, we can't unite, share with each other, speak each others language, or even stay in the same dorm as people with other skin colors.
chownah

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:53 am

Turmeric wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:32 am
has been interpreted in two senses. In one sense, it refers to social caste or class.
For example, the ruling class, the religious elite, property owners, and laborers
The Pali suttas say the most basic virtue is to be free from prejudice (four agati in DN 31) & say when people from the four castes enter the monastic Sangha they lose their former caste designation. However, the Pali suttas are not against the Indian caste system nor against caste members relating within the caste. For example, AN 4.55 says it is ideal that a couple with the same religious faith marry each other. Or there is a sutta where Brahman men are said to be worse than dogs because of having sex with non-Brahman women (similar to farang without sila corrupting & diminishing the motherhood capacities of naive & impressionable Thai girls; who are not protected by mother, father, sister or brother, as taught in the suttas). In other words, while Ajahn Lee appears to be referring to abandoning prejudice & conceit, it appears Ajahn Lee is not promoting the left-wing diversity multiculturalism you appear to be promoting. For example, if I as a parent choose to send my child to a same-sex-religious-denomination school, Buddhism is not against this. Similarly, in the USA, the black community remains with dysfunctional elements. If black students wish to unite, to improve the black community or their political or social networks, there is nothing inherently wrong with this. While their harmonizing with outsiders & hosts has often been poor throughout history, one of the most successful communities in history (similar to the Thais) is the Jewish community. The Jewish community really stick together, which is the primary reason for their success & longevity.
Monks, these five ancient brahmanical traditions are now observed among dogs but not among brahmans. Which five?

In the past, brahman males mated only with brahman females and not with non-brahman females. At present, brahman males mate with brahman females and with non-brahman females. At present, male dogs mate only with female dogs and not with female non-dogs. This is the first ancient brahmanical tradition that is now observed among dogs but not among brahmans.

In the past, brahman males mated with brahman females only in-season and not out-of-season. At present, brahman males mate with brahman females in-season and out-of-season. At present, male dogs mate with female dogs only in-season and not out-of-season. This is the second ancient brahmanical tradition that is now observed among dogs but not among brahmans.

In the past, brahman males did not buy or sell brahman females, but took up cohabitation for the sake of reproduction simply through mutual attraction. At present, brahman males buy and sell brahman females, and take up cohabitation for the sake of reproduction simply through mutual attraction. At present, male dogs do not buy or sell female dogs, but take up cohabitation for the sake of reproduction simply through mutual attraction. This is the third ancient brahmanical tradition that is now observed among dogs but not among brahmans.

https://www.dhammatalks.org/suttas/AN/AN5_191.html

Turmeric

Post by Turmeric » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:26 am

DooDoot wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:53 am
Turmeric wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:32 am
The Pali suttas say the most basic virtue is to be free from prejudice (four agati in DN 31) & say when people from the four castes enter the monastic Sangha they lose their former caste designation. However, the Pali suttas are not against the Indian caste system nor against caste members relating within the caste. For example, AN 4.55 says it is ideal that a couple with the same religious faith marry each other. Or there is a sutta where Brahman men are said to be worse than dogs because of having sex with non-Brahman women (similar to farang without sila corrupting & diminishing the motherhood capacities of naive & impressionable Thai girls). In other words, while Ajahn Lee appears to be referring to abandoning prejudice & conceit, it appears Ajahn Lee is not promoting the left-wing diversity multiculturalism you appear to be promoting. For example, if I as a parent choose to send my child to a same-sex-religious-denomination school, Buddhism is not against this. Similarly, in the USA, the black community remains with dysfunctional elements. If black students wish to unite, to improve the black community or their political or social networks, there is nothing inherently wrong with this. While their harmonizing with outsiders & hosts has often been poor throughout history, one of the most successful communities in history (similar to the Thais) is the Jewish community. The Jewish community really stick together, which is the primary reason for their success & longevity.
Monks, these five ancient brahmanical traditions are now observed among dogs but not among brahmans. Which five?

In the past, brahman males mated only with brahman females and not with non-brahman females. At present, brahman males mate with brahman females and with non-brahman females. At present, male dogs mate only with female dogs and not with female non-dogs. This is the first ancient brahmanical tradition that is now observed among dogs but not among brahmans.

In the past, brahman males mated with brahman females only in-season and not out-of-season. At present, brahman males mate with brahman females in-season and out-of-season. At present, male dogs mate with female dogs only in-season and not out-of-season. This is the second ancient brahmanical tradition that is now observed among dogs but not among brahmans.

In the past, brahman males did not buy or sell brahman females, but took up cohabitation for the sake of reproduction simply through mutual attraction. At present, brahman males buy and sell brahman females, and take up cohabitation for the sake of reproduction simply through mutual attraction. At present, male dogs do not buy or sell female dogs, but take up cohabitation for the sake of reproduction simply through mutual attraction. This is the third ancient brahmanical tradition that is now observed among dogs but not among brahmans.

https://www.dhammatalks.org/suttas/AN/AN5_191.html
Oh yes the corrupt farang manipulating poor innocent thai girls. Because when girls have sex, they do it because they are manipulated. Poor little girls can't make decisions on their own. Bro come on, I can't believe you just said this. You can go on youtube and find thai girls dancing half naked with 5 million views from thai people. And now you are here supporting segregation of races, and sjw views. Yes It's good to marry other Buddhists. What Ajahn Lee is saying is that you associate with people because of their character, not their SKIN color. You are borderline racist against farang here, and using the suttas to support racial segregation. Every time I have a discussion with you, you start bringing up the suttas. I don't care what the suttas say. I'm an actual practitioner, and I learn from my teachers.

I don't want my students to be useless scholars. - Luangta Maha Bua

SDC

Post by SDC » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:09 pm

Please stay on topic

binocular

Post by binocular » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:13 pm

But how exactly do they distinguish between the races? By the one-drop rule?
It says at the link “black-identified students and their allies” -- so one is black if one identifies oneself as black, or isChinese if one identifies oneself as Chinese, etc.?

Why don't these students focus on, you know, math, economics, biology, or whatever it is that they're actually studying at those universities ...

binocular

Post by binocular » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Turmeric wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:37 pm
The races must stay separate, we can't unite, share with each other, speak each others language, or even stay in the same dorm as people with other skin colors. We are fundamentally different, cannot understand each other, and cannot speak on each others behalf. Eating sushi is cultural appropriation, and everyone should identify with their group, and be proud of their heritage, except white people because they are evil. We are our skin color, our skin color and gender are the most important things in the world, and we should always think of ourselves as a race, and a part of the racial group we belong to. Anyone that disagrees with us is a nazi, and should be shut down with violence. Disagreement is actually violence, and so when you disagree with us, you are committing violence against us and putting us in danger. This is the view of the radical left, the people that are making it seem cool to be a conservative.
So the above are not your views, you're reporting someone else's views? Apparently, there has been some confusion in the thread as to whether you support those views or not; it would help if you added some qualifiers to the text.

paul

Post by paul » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:32 pm

“The races must stay separate, we can't unite, share with each other, speak each others language, or even stay in the same dorm as people with other skin colors. We are fundamentally different, cannot understand each other, and cannot speak on each others behalf. Eating sushi is cultural appropriation, and everyone should identify with their group, and be proud of their heritage, except white people because they are evil. We are our skin color, our skin color and gender are the most important things in the world, and we should always think of ourselves as a race, and a part of the racial group we belong to. Anyone that disagrees with us is a nazi, and should be shut down with violence. Disagreement is actually violence, and so when you disagree with us, you are committing violence against us and putting us in danger. This is the view of the radical left, the people that are making it seem cool to be a conservative. I sent this article to my meditation teacher in aussie, and he said these views are spreading over into Australia as well. Chinas new insult on social media is to call someone a white liberal. The left went from being seen as cool hippie kids fighting the man, to being the laughing stock of the world. Conservatives are calling themselves the new counter culture. These last few years have been some of the weirdest I've ever seen in this country.”

These are the millennials talking and they are voicing the banner of anthropocentrism, that human diversity should be elevated to sacred status and they are prepared to be militant about the issue, defending with religious fervour. Millennial influences are a global phenomenon. This attitude fits with Buddhist cosmology where the human plane is the most desirable rebirth, and where there are no gods, the individual being responsible for their own salvation. In mundane terms when something assumes dominance there is always an underdog, in this case the whites who are declining as a population percentage.

Turmeric

Post by Turmeric » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 am

paul wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:32 pm
“The races must stay separate, we can't unite, share with each other, speak each others language, or even stay in the same dorm as people with other skin colors. We are fundamentally different, cannot understand each other, and cannot speak on each others behalf. Eating sushi is cultural appropriation, and everyone should identify with their group, and be proud of their heritage, except white people because they are evil. We are our skin color, our skin color and gender are the most important things in the world, and we should always think of ourselves as a race, and a part of the racial group we belong to. Anyone that disagrees with us is a nazi, and should be shut down with violence. Disagreement is actually violence, and so when you disagree with us, you are committing violence against us and putting us in danger. This is the view of the radical left, the people that are making it seem cool to be a conservative. I sent this article to my meditation teacher in aussie, and he said these views are spreading over into Australia as well. Chinas new insult on social media is to call someone a white liberal. The left went from being seen as cool hippie kids fighting the man, to being the laughing stock of the world. Conservatives are calling themselves the new counter culture. These last few years have been some of the weirdest I've ever seen in this country.”

These are the millennials talking and they are voicing the banner of anthropocentrism, that human diversity should be elevated to sacred status and they are prepared to be militant about the issue, defending with religious fervour. Millennial influences are a global phenomenon. This attitude fits with Buddhist cosmology where the human plane is the most desirable rebirth, and where there are no gods, the individual being responsible for their own salvation. In mundane terms when something assumes dominance there is always an underdog, in this case the whites who are declining as a population percentage.
Not exactly sure where you stand on this issue. As I've said before, they aren't defending diversity, they are segregating the races by not letting them share with each other. (cultural appropriation). And whites aren't declining into anything. As the sjws continue with their hate rhetoric against whites (which are 70% of the american population) then more people are going to support trump, more people are going to go to the alt-right, and more stuff like what happened in charlottesville is going to happen. The far left created the alt-right, and they are the reason why the charlottsville protest happened. If these people keep it up, they are going to create a back-lash like nobody has ever seen. These sjw self haters support groups like the black panthers, who openly encourage murdering babies, cripples, blinds, gays, lesbians. Why? Because they are white. If these people want to start a war with white people, they can do it. But we all know who is going to win. White people created phones, the internet, computers, television, modern medicine, airplanes, inventions which all Buddhist countries use, and we have one of the strongest militaries in the world. Southeast asian Buddhist countries love us, learn our language in school, listen to our music on the radio, hang our flag on their wall, and we love them too. Any sjw that wants to breed hatred between races is going to lose.

Khallid Abdul Muhammad, leader of the black panther movement, inciting the murder of white babies in front of a cheering crowd.

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:13 am

You talk like that, and you're calling the left wing the racists??? I don't think so!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

Turmeric

Post by Turmeric » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:04 am

lyndon taylor wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:13 am
You talk like that, and you're calling the left wing the racists??? I don't think so!!
Talk like what?