Americas new segregationists are on the left.

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
lyndon taylor

Re: Americas new segregationists are on the left.

Post by lyndon taylor » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:41 am

Yeah some of these posters have to resort to fake news websites, like the Heritage foundation and Breibart news to support their way of thinking, then when I quote mainstream news sources, they call it fake news, if you really believe some of this stuff my opinion is that someones playing you for a sucker.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

chownah

Post by chownah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:43 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:28 am

Possibly... just maybe... it's because he treats them like "people" and not like "minorities"?
INdeed, and then again maybe not.
If he really wanted to treat them like people and not minorities then perhaps....just maybe....he would not be making such a big deal about black unemployment statistics.
chownah

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:36 am

Greetings chownah,
chownah wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:43 am
If he really wanted to treat them like people and not minorities then perhaps....just maybe....he would not be making such a big deal about black unemployment statistics.
Trump is a master of speaking to people in a way they can understand. If certain people are only capable of seeing benefits along racial lines, he is capable of explaining how he achieves great outcomes for them.

They say you can't argue with results, but the mainstream media prove that theory wrong every single day.

Now, segregation... anything left to be said about it?

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

chownah

Post by chownah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:08 pm

retrofuturist wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:36 am
Greetings chownah,
chownah wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:43 am
Trump is a master of speaking to people in a way they can understand. If certain people are only capable of seeing benefits along racial lines, he is capable of explaining how he achieves great outcomes for them.
Indeed. This is exactly how identity politics works. Trump is very good (perhaps even a master) of identity politics.
retrofuturist wrote:
They say you can't argue with results, but the mainstream media prove that theory wrong every single day.
I don't see the main stream media arguing with results....they just explain how the results got here. Since you got a piece of paper saying you spent a few years studying economics at university I thought that you would understand the way this works....maybe you do but your attachment to your political position has clouded your judgement.
retrofuturist wrote:
Now, segregation... anything left to be said about it?
I think this topic is pretty much a non-starter. Only thing brought so far is pretty much anomolous in the context of what all is going on in the usofa....maybe I am missing something.
chownah

chownah

Post by chownah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:44 pm

retrofuturist wrote:
Trump is a master of speaking to people in a way they can understand.
INdeed. That is why 55% (and sometimes more) of the voters disapprove of what he is doing....seems that people understand....
chownah