Americas new segregationists are on the left.

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
paul

Re: Americas new segregationists are on the left.

Post by paul » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:29 pm

Turmeric wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 am
And whites aren't declining into anything. As the sjws continue with their hate rhetoric against whites (which are 70% of the american population)
sjw= social justice warrior

The US is at the tipping point in 2020, so the effects will be starting to be increasingly felt from now on:
http://covenersleague.com/images/whitedeclinegraph.jpg
Last edited by paul on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manas

Post by manas » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:21 am

lyndon taylor wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:29 am
No, the left stands up for the rights of the oppressed, at least the good left does, you can always find bad in every group, but under Trump oppression of minorities is getting worse, not better, oppression of the poor, much worse, and protection of the super rich, much stronger, is that really what you want to support??
Hello,
while I'm no fan of Trump, it would appear that people of colour (I think that's the current correct term, yes?) are actually doing better, than under Obama:
So far under Trump, median family incomes have risen by more than $1,000, according‎ to Sentier Research and based on Census Bureau numbers. These numbers are not broken down by race, but it's a pretty good bet that black incomes have risen with those of other races under Trump.

What about other metrics of black economic progress under Trump? It's early for sure, but we have some preliminary results since Election Day, when the stock market started its latest bull market run.

The black unemployment rate has fallen by a full percentage point in the last year, black labor force participation is up and the number of black Americans with a job has risen by 600,000 from last year. Preliminary data show black wages and incomes are up since the election. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html
Knowing this body is like a clay jar,
securing this mind like a fort,
attack Mara with the spear of discernment,
then guard what's won without settling there,
without laying claim.

- Dhp 40

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:58 am

What rubbish, half of the people of colour are in danger of being deported, the government wants to legalize discrimination against LGBTs, and the Justice department is reducing its involvement in Civil Rights cases. Things couldn't be worse for minorities. It seems when ever I hear really ridiculous things about how good it is in America, it comes from people that don't even live in the country, and really have no idea of whats going on here.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:28 am

Greetings Lyndon,
lyndon taylor wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:58 am
What rubbish, half of the people of colour are in danger of being deported
Are half of the "people of colour" illegal aliens? Because as far as I can tell, they're the only ones at risk of being deported.
lyndon taylor wrote:
the government wants to legalize discrimination against LGBTs
Do you have any evidence for this, or is it more unsubstantiated hysteria?
lyndon taylor wrote:
Things couldn't be worse for minorities.
Except that facts don't care about your feelings, and the facts paint a very different picture.
lyndon taylor wrote:
It seems when ever I hear really ridiculous things about how good it is in America, it comes from people that don't even live in the country, and really have no idea of whats going on here.
You may be interested to know that in the U.S. "people of colour" are starting to re-evaluate Trump, one year in... (source)
Among African Americans and Hispanics, reactions to Trump depend more on gender than age or education. In every age group, and at every level of education, about twice as many African American men as women gave Trump positive marks. In all, 23 percent of black men approved of Trump’s performance versus 11 percent of black women. “The outlier here isn’t [black] men … it’s [black] women, where you have near-universal disapproval of Trump,” said Cornell Belcher, a Democratic pollster who studies African American voters. Still, black men are one of the few groups for which Trump’s 2017 average approval rating significantly exceeds his 2016 vote share.
They must be enjoying the improved unemployment rate and family incomes.

It's very interesting how the best unemployment figures for the black community ever, happen under President Trump.

Possibly... just maybe... it's because he treats them like "people" and not like "minorities"?

:shrug:

When you do that, it's amazing how many problems simply start taking care of themselves. You know, just treating "citizens as citizens", like how here at Dhamma Wheel, we treat "members as members" and don't divide them up by gender, race, sexuality etc. for political advantage.

Either way, it's working, and further proof that modern segregation stems from the left, moreso than the right.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:46 am

You just don't understand America, Retro, my statements are taken directly from headline news over here, news you probably not aware of, and its not fake news, the rise in income is for the top ten percent, not the bottom 90%, its just an average, some billionaire makes a million more and that translates to an average raise for everyone even though only the billionaire gets the raise.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:08 am

Greetings Lyndon,
lyndon taylor wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:46 am
... its not fake news, the rise in income is for the top ten percent, not the bottom 90%, ...
If that's what you're being told, I hate to tell you that you're being fed fake news.

Trump’s Tax Reform Will Benefit Middle Class More Than Wealthy

And that's to say nothing of the radical improvements to people's 401K balances.

But all this talk of Trump the Wheel Turning Emperor's glorious achievements are probably suited to another topic.

Here, in this topic, it's sufficient to say that Trump treats minorities first and foremost as "citizens" rather than as "minorities", and treated as such, minority groups in the US have prosperity, and the potential for prosperity, like never before.

Unlike Democrats, and unlike the post-modern Left, the market does not discriminate, and Trump champions market forces like no president since (and possibly beyond) Ronald Reagan.

Metta,
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:12 am

And this is your version of "right view"??? The market does not discriminate???? I bet the concept of wealth inequality is just more fake news to you.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:18 am

Greetings Lyndon,
lyndon taylor wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:12 am
And this is your version of "right view"??? The market does not discriminate????
Yes, Right View is about speaking that which is true. If you need any proof that the opposite of markets is a cause of great suffering, I refer you to Will's classic "Victims of Communism" topic.
lyndon taylor wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:12 am
I bet the concept of wealth inequality is just more fake news to you.
No, but the Left's identity-based neo-Communism is not the answer to that problem, as Obama's castrated, regulation-ridden, 8 year economic reign of mismanagement shows. Remember when he said that Trump didn't have a magic wand that would bring jobs back? Hilarious.

Now, at this point, since you seem to have no interest in the subject of segregationism, I must insist you take your hatred of Trump to another topic where it's more on topic.

Thank you Lyndon.

Metta,

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:34 am

Well on the subject of segregationism, I live in a very segregated country, we have hispanic neighbourhoods, black neighbourhoods, and most of the wealthy neighbourhoods, mostly white, with a sprinkling of upper mobile blacks, hispanics and Asians, these are the ones benefitting from the Trump economy. A working man like myself, running my own business, is seeing less customers and making less money ever since Trump entered the scene.

As almost every American is aware, people on the right are much more likely to be racist, than people on the left. Its not that there are no racist left wing people and its not that there are no right wing people that are not racist, but on average the right is more racist. How does that racism pan out, in supporting segregation, segregation of schools, segregation of housing, these are not things supported by the left wing.

Let me give you an example, My town is split down the middle pretty much by the freeway, poorer overwhelmingly hispanic neighborhood on one side, mostly white peopel and the rich houses on the other side. We had one high school, it was getting crowded, they needed a second high school so what did they do, they made a new high school and divided the students right along the freeway, so that the hispanic students had to go to the new high school, and the whites could have there old highschool back to themselves. That's segregtion, pure and simple, and it was put into place by the right wing white city council of my town, not the left wing.

The idea that the left is the party of segregation is blatant fake news distractionism, it is made up and does not exist in the real world I live in.

chownah

Post by chownah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:38 am

manas wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:21 am
lyndon taylor wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:29 am
No, the left stands up for the rights of the oppressed, at least the good left does, you can always find bad in every group, but under Trump oppression of minorities is getting worse, not better, oppression of the poor, much worse, and protection of the super rich, much stronger, is that really what you want to support??
Hello,
while I'm no fan of Trump, it would appear that people of colour (I think that's the current correct term, yes?) are actually doing better, than under Obama:
So far under Trump, median family incomes have risen by more than $1,000, according‎ to Sentier Research and based on Census Bureau numbers. These numbers are not broken down by race, but it's a pretty good bet that black incomes have risen with those of other races under Trump.

What about other metrics of black economic progress under Trump? It's early for sure, but we have some preliminary results since Election Day, when the stock market started its latest bull market run.

The black unemployment rate has fallen by a full percentage point in the last year, black labor force participation is up and the number of black Americans with a job has risen by 600,000 from last year. Preliminary data show black wages and incomes are up since the election. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html
Did you notice that the author of the article is a representative of the Heritage Foundation which is "A research and educational institution whose mission is to build and promote conservative public policies, based in Washington, D.C" If you check them out I think you will see that their political bias strongly colors pretty much everything they do. Did you notice that the article says that to solve the problem that many blacks can not affort to go to university that the solution is to give them a technical education...I couldn't believe that this was put forward as some kind of progressive policy!

Here is another opinion about trump's claims and some data on jobs rates etc.:
https://www.npr.org/2018/01/08/57655202 ... -hispanics
chownah

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:41 am

Yeah some of these posters have to resort to fake news websites, like the Heritage foundation and Breibart news to support their way of thinking, then when I quote mainstream news sources, they call it fake news, if you really believe some of this stuff my opinion is that someones playing you for a sucker.

chownah

Post by chownah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:43 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:28 am

Possibly... just maybe... it's because he treats them like "people" and not like "minorities"?
INdeed, and then again maybe not.
If he really wanted to treat them like people and not minorities then perhaps....just maybe....he would not be making such a big deal about black unemployment statistics.
chownah

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:36 am

Greetings chownah,
chownah wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:43 am
If he really wanted to treat them like people and not minorities then perhaps....just maybe....he would not be making such a big deal about black unemployment statistics.
Trump is a master of speaking to people in a way they can understand. If certain people are only capable of seeing benefits along racial lines, he is capable of explaining how he achieves great outcomes for them.

They say you can't argue with results, but the mainstream media prove that theory wrong every single day.

Now, segregation... anything left to be said about it?

Metta,

chownah

Post by chownah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:08 pm

retrofuturist wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:36 am
Greetings chownah,
chownah wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:43 am
Trump is a master of speaking to people in a way they can understand. If certain people are only capable of seeing benefits along racial lines, he is capable of explaining how he achieves great outcomes for them.
Indeed. This is exactly how identity politics works. Trump is very good (perhaps even a master) of identity politics.
retrofuturist wrote:
They say you can't argue with results, but the mainstream media prove that theory wrong every single day.
I don't see the main stream media arguing with results....they just explain how the results got here. Since you got a piece of paper saying you spent a few years studying economics at university I thought that you would understand the way this works....maybe you do but your attachment to your political position has clouded your judgement.
retrofuturist wrote:
Now, segregation... anything left to be said about it?
I think this topic is pretty much a non-starter. Only thing brought so far is pretty much anomolous in the context of what all is going on in the usofa....maybe I am missing something.
chownah

chownah

Post by chownah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:44 pm

retrofuturist wrote:
Trump is a master of speaking to people in a way they can understand.
INdeed. That is why 55% (and sometimes more) of the voters disapprove of what he is doing....seems that people understand....
chownah