Bannon tells all in new book about Trump

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
lyndon taylor

Re: Bannon tells all in new book about Trump

Post by lyndon taylor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:47 pm

In any case, they're not Nazis, you might call them anarchists, but not Nazis, Nazis are more in the Trump camp.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

manas

Post by manas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:38 pm

lyndon taylor wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:27 pm
Yes, I don't think Antifa has set up any concentration camps, or burned any synagogues!!
To clarify, I meant, Neo-Nazis, the small-time folks who hold rallies in the U.S. from time to time, I wasn't referring to the original, Third Reich Nazis, who make their modern admirers look like boys at a Halloween party. Antifa are as small-time and insignificant as the Neo-nazis they hate, and whose rallies they target. I'm just saying, a pox on both these annoying, extremist groups, who cannot see how alike they both are.
Knowing this body is like a clay jar,
securing this mind like a fort,
attack Mara with the spear of discernment,
then guard what's won without settling there,
without laying claim.

- Dhp 40

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Greetings Lyndon,
lyndon taylor wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:46 am
Is this your idea of right speech???
Yes. I'm sorry if wordplay and humour are lost on you.

:focus:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)